Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Text message plus -warning-

Default Text message plus -warning-
    I needed an app to forward certain texts on demand, so I installed "Test message plus". Weeks later I went to use it, and it crashed. Thinking everything was ok, I went on with my business, and suddenly I lost the ability to send texts..

I kept getting "Error sending message". I spent literally DAYS on tech support and in apple stores trying to fix this. After several upgrades, restores, and backup data restores, I finally figured out the cause was TEXT MESSAGE PLUS. NOT AT&T, not my phone, not my firmware. This app literally cost me hundreds of dollars, as I lost many important notes, etc.

I recommend it gets removed from all repositories.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

good heads up

So, you've in stalled an app from cydia that forwards texts and when your texts stop working it's the last thing you think of?
    You spent days trying to sort it out and hadn't tried a fresh restore?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Meeh

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So, you've in stalled an app from cydia that forwards texts and when your texts stop working it's the last thing you think of?
    You spent days trying to sort it out and hadn't tried a fresh restore?
    It was the last thing to think of, it doesn't run in the background, and I installed it months before this happened, I just didn't use it until the same day.

And of course i tried a fresh restore, but once I backed up & restored data the corrupted files were back, and once I installed text message plus again the files were still back but i also lost the ability to send messages then.

I never do a restore from backup....... messes up the "fresh install" too much.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)