Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS QuickSend

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default iRealSMS QuickSend
    ...or whatever it's called. Is the tap to ignore autocorrect feature going to be fixed any time soon? Swiping halfway through a word and letting go, which is extremely hard for short words, and typing an extra letter and backspacing is very inconvenient.

Also, while I'm at it, can the "Send" button on the keyboard in QuickReply be changed to "Return" like it is in QuickSend? I occasionally press "Send" when trying to press "M" or "Delete" and my unfinished text is sent (really annoying if I'm trying to delete something and it gets sent anyway). I don't ever use that Send button anyway; I use the one under the box, above the keyboard. We really don't need 2 Send buttons and at the moment there's no way to return.

Other than those two issues, iRealSMS is perfect! I recommend it to all my friends with iPhones. :] So I really hope they're fixed soon.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I would shoot a PM to Reznor about your issues. He/She is in direct contact with the dev's.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    I would shoot a PM to Reznor about your issues. He/She is in direct contact with the dev's.
    I know. I've talked to him several times. Just wanted to make a thread about it, hopefully get a bit of support from people who also want this, and maybe the iReal dev will add/fix it soon. :]

the send key will be replaced with a return key in the next update as we have made it also use a multi line text field just like the QuickSend.
    As far as the auto-correct bug... Im not sure if any breakthrough has been made there. Im hoping it gets fixed too.

A new pubilc beta has been released for iRealSMS 2.0 users.
    It is: iRealSMS 2.0.8.4C BETA.
    It's still a work in progress. But it's looking good. We are only about half way through this update but we habe had an overwhelming demand for a new beta with all the teaser pics so we just want to share with you what we have so far. A little treat for our full version users.

BETA CHANGELOG
    --Improved quickReply:
    Larger text field like the quicksend.
    Character counter
    Send button removed from keyboard
    Hidden keyboard = cleaner interface
    Home button = hide quickReply to allow you to answer incoming phone calls and unlock phone. Tap status bar to recall.
    --Improved Blacklist Binary
    Not perfect but works in iRealSMS. still having conflict with appleSMS app. So as long as your using irealsms as default and you poof the AppleSMS, your ok. Its not free of faults but We are still working on it.
    --New QuickSend Hotkey implimentation beta.
    --DialPad added to QuickSend. To toggle up the numeric dialPad just tap on the actual word "TO:" in the contact field in the QuickSend

QUOTED OFF THE IREALSMS MESSAGE BOARD:
    We know there is still much to be done as this release is still pretty raw. Just wanted to give you something to chew on in the meantime.
    As we continue to update the UI, we plan to do it like this... when you hide the QuickReply and it shrinks into the status bar icon, we are going to make it(the status bar icon) change to indicate that a quickReply is hidden. Maybe a exclamation point within the caption bubble, or a different color. Haven't designed it yet. But that's the plan.

Also at the current time you have to manually hide the QuickReply/QuickSend when you receive a phone call... This process will become automatic in the future.

As you can see the keyboard is now hidden upon receiving a new SMS. Tap the text field to bring it up. Not sure why you would need to, but you can tap the contact name within the popup to hide the keyboard again.

The text in the received portion of the Quickreply now has been centered. Scrolling issues I hope have been fixed. As I have yet to experience any problems.

The timestamp now disappears when text is typed.

Unfortuneatly, the autocorrect bug still has not been identified. The swipe technique must still be utilized to cancel a suggested autocorrect.

New volume hotkey works great!

New Double tap home still needs work. The iPod and mobile phone button only work if your on the springboard at the moment. We will work on this.. As we have a blueprint on how this should function. We are almost there.

Blacklist still needs some tweaking too, but like I stated above, we are making progress.

We have now added a DialPad to the QuickSend! So you dont have to mess with those tiny buttons on the QWERTY keyboard. We are trying to make the QuickSend a nice little alternative to the native MobilePhone app. its still a little buggy, so in order to make a phone call after you type in the phone number you have to tap the text field, then hit the CALL button... Soon we will also be adding access to your FAVORITES from quickSend... its just a matter of time. Hope you like it!

Let me know what you think of the new beta.
    As always. Enjoy
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-04-12 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i really like this program, but whenever i had tested the trial, it would really lag on my phone

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Any idea when it will be ported to 3.0?

Thanks

Reznor, I'm glad that the Return button is taking Send's place.

I'm not too crazy about the hidden keyboard. It's not really necessary. It's not really a big deal, but I still hope there's an option to just hide the keyboard or you can continue to have it come up.

I'm also sort of iffy about the volume then tap to bring up quick send. It's another thing to do to bring up quick send and then I'm going to keep turning up the volume whenever I open quick send, but it would allow me to turn the volume up without pausing a video or just getting in the way when I'm listening to music. But I text more than I do anything else probably, so I think I'd rather quick send just come up when I press the volume button, but I won't be upset if there's no setting to have it either way.

And "Home button = hide quickReply to allow you to answer incoming phone calls and unlock phone. Tap status bar to recall." Does that mean if someone texts me and I don't feel like answering it, I can just press the home button to hide it and mark it as read, and then just tap an icon on the status bar to bring it back up later? If so, THAT'S FREAKING INSANE! I asked you before if you could ask the dev about using the volume down button to do that, but this is way better! I really hope that's what you mean.

And everything else is good. When can we expect the beta/update?

@Chris:

Don't worry. You still have the option to use the new or old hotkey. So no worries.
    And you won't effect the volume when you invoke quickSend. The initial tap does change the volume, but if you activate quickSend then the volume will return to it's previous setting. So don't worry. We already thought of that and took care of it.

About the hide QuickReply. It pretty much works how you stated. But it doesn't mark the message as read until the messages is closed via the close button.. Or actually replied to.

The beta is available now!! It was out since yesterday. Simply add our beta repo to your cydia sources.

www.irealsms.com/beta_repo

Before you install a beta you have to uninstall your current version of iRealSMS first.
    The beta version is only available to full version iRealSMS 2.0 users.
    Have fun with it and tell me what you think. The full official update should be out by the end of the month. For both irealsms and the lite version.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-04-12 at 10:12 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

reznor,
    i love the double tap home menu option. this is by far the best alternative to the native sms app. shout out to u and the dev. i hope you all port to 3.0 once it releases. there will always be a need to jailbreak and this is a prime example of why....great work!!!
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    reznor,
    i love the double tap home menu option. this is by far the best alternative to the native sms app. shout out to u and the dev. i hope you all port to 3.0 once it releases. there will always be a need to jailbreak and this is a prime example of why....great work!!!
    Thanks. We thought it would be cool too... still tweaking it out though(the double tap home hotkey). As the beta version is very limited. But once we are done, Im sure everyone will be happy with how it functions.

As for 3.0 firmware. We do have plans on porting over. So dont worry, we wont vanish from the iPhone scene.

Thanks

hey renzor9, is there any chance in the near future that you's will be implementing customized sms tones into iRealQuickSMS? This is the reason i am still using QuickSMS, because its a feature i really love because i text ALOT. Hopefully this will be put it, because its something that would make me use this product instead

Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    hey renzor9, is there any chance in the near future that you's will be implementing customized sms tones into iRealQuickSMS? This is the reason i am still using QuickSMS, because its a feature i really love because i text ALOT. Hopefully this will be put it, because its something that would make me use this product instead
    Yes. It wont be in this release, but we will definately look into it, as there has been quite a few request for this feature.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the beta looks great! can't wait to try it out tonight. this is by far the most used app and most loved on my phone!

one request for me though - would it be possible to have a "recents" along with the "favorites" in the quicksend feature?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    @Chris:

Don't worry. You still have the option to use the new or old hotkey. So no worries.
    I see. Then yeah, that's great!

And you won't effect the volume when you invoke quickSend. The initial tap does change the volume, but if you activate quickSend then the volume will return to it's previous setting. So don't worry. We already thought of that and took care of it.
    Dang! Now it's even harder to decide which one I want. I might go ahead and try the new way and see how I get used to it. If I don't like it, I'll just switch back. It's just great always having the option. :]

About the hide QuickReply. It pretty much works how you stated. But it doesn't mark the message as read until the messages is closed via the close button.. Or actually replied to.
    I meant unread. My bad. But yeah, I absolutely LOVE that. I talked to you about making the volume down button do just that. If you had any unread messages, make the volume down button open them back up in quick reply and tap again to make that disappear and the volume would go down, similar to quick send and volume up. If you didn't have any unread messages, though, the volume down would work fine. I didn't realize you could have the same feature but use the status bar instead. That's even better! So I'm really glad that option was put in.

The beta is available now!! It was out since yesterday. Simply add our beta repo to your cydia sources.

www.irealsms.com/beta_repo

Before you install a beta you have to uninstall your current version of iRealSMS first.
    The beta version is only available to full version iRealSMS 2.0 users.
    THANKS! I'm glad I got these new features early.

Have fun with it and tell me what you think. The full official update should be out by the end of the month. For both irealsms and the lite version.
    I am. Now, I only have two issues with iRealSMS. The tap to ignore still not working correctly, though I know it's in progress now, and the fact that the keyboard doesn't automatically appear when you get a new text. An option to go either way would eliminate this problem, so I hope it's in the next release. If and when these two issues are resolved, I won't have one negative thing to say about iRealSMS; it will truely be perfect. I couldn't have thought of a better SMS app, much less actually create it. iRealSMS is one of the best apps I've ever downloaded on my iPhone, if not THE best. If only apple would hire the dev that made this app and incorporate it into the stock SMS app (so we wouldn't need to jailbreak) or at least just do this themselves. I will always jailbreak if just for this app.

My $0.02.
    Last edited by Channan; 2009-04-15 at 03:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I will always jailbreak if just for this app.
    x2

Thanks

Yes. It wont be in this release, but we will definately look into it, as there has been quite a few request for this feature.
    sweet cant wait for when that feature is released
    Thanks Renzor!!

Thanks

Wait, I lied. There's one more thing I'd like to see in iRealSMS. I wish new texts would go underneath the current texts instead of on top so it wouldn't ruin what you were doing. Like, if I'm replying to a text Jack sent me and then Jill texts me, The new text is placed on top of the old one so I have to either reply to Jill's text or close it right then, and then have to go back after, so I can finish typing out my reply to Jack.

That, the keyboard automatically coming up with quick reply like it used to, and the x to cancel bug are the only things that I can think of that will make iRealSMS even better. Once those are done, it will truly be a perfect app. ;]

Wait, I lied. There's one more thing I'd like to see in iRealSMS. I wish new texts would go underneath the current texts instead of on top so it wouldn't ruin what you were doing. Like, if I'm replying to a text Jack sent me and then Jill texts me, The new text is placed on top of the old one so I have to either reply to Jill's text or close it right then, and then have to go back after, so I can finish typing out my reply to Jack.
    thats been brought up..and we will experiment with that at a later date.

That, the keyboard automatically coming up with quick reply like it used to, and the x to cancel bug are the only things that I can think of that will make iRealSMS even better. Once those are done, it will truly be a perfect app. ;]
    The keyboard automatically coming up Im pretty sure we will make a ON/OFF feature in settings.
    But what is the X to cancel bug?

Thanks

thats been brought up..and we will experiment with that at a later date.
    Good. At least it's being thought about. :]

The keyboard automatically coming up Im pretty sure we will make a ON/OFF feature in settings.
    But what is the X to cancel bug?
    I hope so. And the X to cancel bug in quick send. How swiping your finger across the first 1/2 of the word and letting go or typing an extra letter and pressing backspace are the only ways to get a word that would normally be changed by autocorrect to not change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast