Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tutorial] HOW TO manual MobileMediaPlayer Flip 2.2.1

Default [Tutorial] HOW TO manual MobileMediaPlayer Flip 2.2.1
    *Confirmed working on 2g jailbreak as well*

Since MobileMediaPlayyer flip's disappearance from cydia, i've seena few people wondering how to do this manually, and i managed to figure it out.

1. SSH into /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer
    2.copy the info.plist to your computer - Back up this original copy!
    3.Edit Info.plist so that under the second <key>Unifiedipod</key> is set to true/ instead of false/
    4. SSH to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/
    5. copy N45AP.plist (Backup as well)
    6. Edit N45AP.plist - Create a new dict key set (Copy and paste any of the other ones)
    7. change the com.apple.whateverappyoucopied to com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer
    (*Be sure it is in the same alignment as the other dict keys)
    8. respring and Voila! ipod app instead of Music and Videos.

No issues reported of purchases not working, all seems well.

*NOTE* if this does not work, you may need to change permissions. I didn't change any and it worked for me, however make note of the permissions of the file BEFORE you edit it. A simple and (free demo) OSX .plist editor i use is BBedit.

Enjoy! I don't know why this was removed from cydia, and i would gladly re-host it however i have no idea how to set up a package in cydia, so i'll leave that for the pros.
    (Also, not sure if this is in the right section - if not, mods feel free to move it)

what is a dict key? please explain step 6. Also when I back up the files do I just press copy by right clicking them? If so do I just copy them to the folder it gives me by defalt (documents)? When I'm done editing the files I just close them and save them when prompted or do I just leave it open. Sorry for all the questions I just love that tweak and I don't want to brick my ipod getting it. Also is this change permanent or can you get rid of it with a restore?
    Last edited by WelcomeHome; 2009-04-05 at 06:49 PM.

Well, firstly, restoring does just what it says- restores. if you have to restore, everything will go back to normal. Hopefully it wont come to that though.

Secondly, in number N45AP.plist, you should see sets of code set apart by different indentation spaces. Copy ONE of these "sets." it shouldnt be too hard to pick out one set form another. if you;re getting a block of text instead of formatted code, you NEED TO EDIT IT in a PLIST EITOR. Idk if notepad or wordpad will work with this- google around for a windows plist editor- or if on mac downlaod BBedit.

Thirdly- Its pretty much impossible to 'brick' an ipod touch without some sort fo physical damage- worst case, you screw up and have to restore.

It doesn't matter how or where you back the files up- you jsut need them in case something fails and your ipod wont respring, etc, and if that happens you can replace the changed files with the stock ones to fix it.

also, make sure you replace the files on the ipod, or nothing will happen. not sure what you meant by that, but yes. save teh changes to the ipod lol.

I cant recommend doing this if you dont fully understand whats going on- the terminology is pretty simple for JB users, and teh directions rather straightforward. i would at least become a little more familiar with the system before doing things like this unless you're ready to restore a few times in the learning process.

Also, i have found recently that this kind fo disables ipod use in some ihome devices- I have to manually push play on my ipod to start playing, the ihome play button on the ihome and on the remote don't work anymore, although this could be due to another of my extensive hacks installed... all else works (Speakers, next/prev buttons etc.) however be warned if you have an ihome. other than that no issues have surfaced.

Is there any way that you could be able change in it into something you could submit this to Cydia and be able to just install it? I'm not into the whole SSH, so that would be great if you could.

Thanks

Or do it the smart way and download the deb file off MMI servers on your computer and SSH it to your device.

http://apt.modmyi.com/2debs/mmpflip.deb

Terminal command
    Code:
    dpkg -i mmpflip.deb
    Done.
    Last edited by kwall; 2009-04-10 at 06:19 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kwall For This Useful Post:

jdc5490 (2009-04-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^lmfao

Thanks

^ you like tat lol

I got to step 6 and idk what to do with it.
    here is what i have:

bplist00”6WbundlesYiconState\capabilities*“ +YiconListsYbuttonBar° —
    ZiconMatrix§ (§
    —_displayIdentifier_com.apple.mobilesafar i—_com.apple.mobilecal—_com.apple.mobilema il—_com.apple.MobileAddressBook§—_com. apple.youtube—_com.apple.stocks—^com.apple.M aps—_com.apple.weather§ "$&—!_com.apple.mobiletimer—#_com.apple.calc ulator—%_com.apple.mobilenotes—'_com.apple.P references°)—*_com.apple.AppStore—
    ,°-§.024—/_ com.apple.mobileipod-AudioPlayer—1_ com.apple.mobileipod-VideoPlayer—3_ com.apple.mobileslideshow-Photos—5_com.apple.MobileStore‘789:;;=;_stand AloneContacts_editableUserDataZdeviceName]piezo-clicker TiPod    ! . / 4 > H J M X ] b e y ’ • ę ģ Ň » ś Ž Ó*-AFIad{~–™Ī≥∂ňő–’ōŻĢ!$GJbk €“ž¨*ģ≥  ? ī

idk what to change. Also, how would you do the deb file on Vista?

Thanks

^ buddy just use my method it works way faster and less can go wrong

Where do I put it?

Thanks

SSH it to any folder. Launch the command window / terminal built into your ssh client and type the above command followed by a respring

Thanks kwall, it worked easily! That was so much easier since I don't know how to SSH at all.

Thanks

glad i could help