Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Editing text files within Mobile Finder

Default Editing text files within Mobile Finder
    I have searched high and low for a text editor for my iPhone which can edit the text files I navigate to within Mobile Finder but when I select "modify" and "open with app" none of the text editors I have purchased show up in the apps list. Please tell me there is a solution for this without the ability to edit text files Mobile Finder is useless for me.
    Thanks!

Thanks

You can always try gTxtEdit, which has its own GUI, though you still have to type in the path and name of the text file, it still works flawlessly for myself so far...
    -Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

http://www.tomheben.com

Thanks Tom I'll give that a shot.

I ended up buying MobileStudio which is from the same people who made MobileFinder except it doesnt have root access to the full file system. I did a little searching and figured out how to get a symlink for the themes folder (which is where the files are I want to edit) into the app and I can actually open all the files and edit them but when I try to save them I get this error, "Text File Save Error Operation could not be completed. (Cocoa error 513.)

Im pumped, I FINALLY got the latest version of MobileStudio to edit root files. It just involved moving the app and creating some symlinks and chmod's.
    Last edited by swizcore; 2009-04-04 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost