Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BossPref icon removed

Default BossPref icon removed
    I accidentally removed the boss pref icon using the hide icon app within bosspref. How do I restore the icon? I also removed cydia so I don't know how to get poof or sbsettings. Thanks.
    Last edited by Viper3; 2009-03-31 at 12:19 AM.

Well........ Lets see here.

Do you have SBSettings? that has poof added into the app
    or How about Installer? you can get poof from there (better yet, install SBSettings
    How about a APP launching program, like dock or quickgold??

if all else fails, try resetting the parental lock in preferences. I know it will show hidden icons that were in BigBoss's categories (just apply parental lock, then un-apply it) that might work

if all else fails and you have openSSH installed, you can try and advanced method and SSH into your phone and add a downloaded version of the app poof to unhide the bosspreffs.
    Last edited by mrblader; 2009-03-31 at 12:22 AM.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Downloaded sbsettings. Problem solved.

good to hear

not sure I quite understand.. Settings Menu?
    4 what app?

double-post

MOD, Please remove

Now I just need to figure out one more thing and that is how to remove the RIP DEV option in the settings menu.

In normal iphone settings menu, if I scroll down, there is a "RIP Dev" option. I used to have Kate installed and I think thats when it appeared. Naturally, I removed Kate and the option is still present. How do I remove it?

looks like you will have to re-install kate, go into iphones settings then RIP DEV then into KATE, un-check all options, then go ahead and uninstall once more.

search is your friend poseidon's fix to rip dev settings (So is the thanks button )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblader For This Useful Post:

Viper3 (2009-03-31)

I did this but it doesnt work. At first I uninstalled using installer but I didn't uncheck the boxes so I thought that was my problem. I redownloaded and re-removed and it is still in the settings option. I did this for both Kate 2.0.5 and 2.1. From what I'm getting out of this, the settings that kate applies to the phone will still be there even after kate has been removed. You must remove the checkboxes in order for kate to stop applying the corresponding functions. I don't care about kate or its functions. I just want RIPDev removed from the iphones settings option. It is located at the very bottom and I want it gone.
    Last edited by Viper3; 2009-03-31 at 01:13 AM.