Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xGPS - can't find specific locations

Default xGPS - can't find specific locations
    Hey all,

I posted over at the xGPS forums but there is a lot of traffic/large user base here too, so I thought I'd post a little pointer back to the open thread. Basically, I'm having a really hard time finding a specific location and then getting a route to it - in this case, it's JFK Long-Term parking lot at Lefferts Blvd, just west of the airport. Even if I simply wanted to get directions to the airport itself, and follow signs to the parking lot, I can't seem to do that either, as it won't find the airport!

The thread is located here... if you have any suggestions, please post in either of the threads.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I found it in xGPS with the terms "JFK Airport 10001"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

jzahra (2009-03-30)

Weird, I guess the zip makes the difference.

In the last 10 minutes, fooling around with Google Maps on the PC, I did get xGPS to recognize the search term "Lefferts Blvd and Pan Am Rd., Queens, NY, which is the intersection just before the parking lot. So I guess it's just picky on how you put things in.

So, I do still have a question... is there something I should do to prepare (with manager or something) before leaving? I expect to have 3G coverage between here and there, but worse case scenario is that the network is having issues, so maybe I should work on downloading the maps...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I use xGPS everyday and when I enter customers address I always have to pop in the zip code. Sometimes it will find if without. You don't even have to have the exact zipcode just somewhere near by.

You could predownload the map grids but that could be a pain in the @ss. Maybe at least the grids near JFK.

Cool, thanks for your help!

Thanks

xgpsdev.xwaves.net/forum

-Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

http://www.tomheben.com