Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CATERPILLAR try it for 2 days

Default CATERPILLAR try it for 2 days
    You can now try Caterpillar for two days and see if you like the app. I have to admit I do like it. I might even buy the unlimited version for $45. You can find it under the Rip Dev repo.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thats good news, I paid for the 6 month plan, and will be purchasing the unlimited as this is by far the most useful app to me thus far. Though theres just one small glitch in it for me, as I have not been able to pinpoint the cause, I really do love this app.

And I already know many will ask whats my glitch, at times, when I reboot my device, the screen is only responsive to launching an app but not responsive once in the app, and it won't go into sleep mode completely, the display dims, but you still see the lock screen faintly.

But back on topic, I would recommend this app to EVERYONE, its worth the dollar spent.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Thanks for the reply, I thought I go for the unlimited right away as I am sure they will be adding more features to it. Too bad we can not buy just the feature we want, but oh well we can't have always our way.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

link here
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Waste of money.

Reako

wow, that actually looks pretty cool. i don't think i'd pay for it... but it does look nice!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

This app made my phone quite unstable. After installing it the phone wouldn't always let me slide to unlock, and sometimes I couldn't quit apps back to Springboard by pressing the Home button. Also, the phone just seemed a bit sluggish at times, then it would return to normal for no apparent reason.

Fortunately, after uninstalling it, the phone seems to be working fine again.

Very nice application.

Anyone think this will be cracked at some point?
    Last edited by krislicoque; 2008-03-08 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Waste of money.

Reako
    is there any other program that enables me to see the calender on the lock screen? Because that is all I would want to use.

I don't agree with the way they are selling it and distributing through installer.app, unless some of the money goes towards installer's developer.

its addressed a few issues with 1.1 and is super stable here.

love it, like the new options and am digging the icon text label background option!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Its is avery good appl. i have bought the unlimited and is really NO waste of money i just got an update. and it is good

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 2 Days free
    Maybe if people continue to hold out the price will come down. Must not be generating the revenue they hoped for if they already are offering a free trial peroid. $45 is way to high (more than 10% of cost of iphone).

I like some of the features, but price is too much. I wonder how much of the cost is to cover cost of server to activate software.
    Last edited by batter; 2008-03-08 at 05:52 PM.

too expensive for what this app offers... too expensive

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

Hudson (2008-03-10)

a lot of people think the iphone is too expensive, and buy something else, thats their perogative. personally for me, in my world (and i am unemployed at the moment!) - i still bought it unlimited, cause i am a fiend for iphone functionality, and functionality is what caterpillar gives me in abundance.

maybe the fact that 45 dollars in the uk is seen as next to nothing might be why the conversion rate is so favourable!?!

i think they are becoming more confident of how handy their little app is, and are willing to let it be trialled and seen by a larger catchment on the free trial. a lot of software offers time limited trials, by big vendors, does not mean they are languishing in the sales or revenue stakes neccasarily.

oh well, lets hope it long continues to provide new updates/features like todays!!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

you've paid $45 for an app that gives u not a lot more than what other FREE apps offer.
    imo, apps should be free unless they're perfect. this is not perfect. at least not yet. and considering apple and feature updates this app may step down just for that.

Smart Dialer: Replace it with Search
    µCalendar: Again. replace it with Search
    Privacy: LOL! Anw a setting in the strings can remove that too
    Reminder: SMSNotify does the job. Also TaskBarNotify puts icons on the topbar
    System Font: Customise new version coming up
    FaceLift: customize again..

your comments.. that's my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    µCalendar: Again. replace it with Search
    can you elaborate on this please? I'm not sure what you mean by "search" unless you mean search the forum...
    That is the function I am looking for, but dont want to pay $45/~£25 for it.

thanks

i'm not so sure but i think that search.app did this.

I have a question tho...if you buy and install it and since it is a "system" type program, can you move your apps w/ Boss Tool while it is running or is it best to install it after you run boss tool?

Default im curious if u install it add 5 icon dock and erase it manually
    im curious if u install it add 5 icon dock and erase it manually, will the time period still expire

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krislicoque View Post
    Very nice application.

Anyone think this will be cracked at some point?
    WOW! What a bum! Are you serious?
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast