Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CATERPILLAR try it for 2 days

heh hey they should be waiting for it
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

has anyone had a problem with email after installing an enabling font change? When I click on an email, i get the body of another email ? I tried uninstalling, but still get incorrect emails when i select an email.... anyone know how to fix ??

i wonder if the guys who are collecting the money for this program, are donating some of it to the dev team, installer creators, and other people who helped jailbreak the iphone. Because if it wasnt for them, non of this would be possible. So its just a thought.

Though I largely agree this app is WAY too much, I think some credit is due to them.

* As far as I know, search does NOT place the calendar or the calendar events on the lock screen. In fact I know of no current program that does.

* SMSNotify can not wake itselfs up and is therefore limited to using the email poll timeout for waking up.

* 'Search' for the dialer is subpar, something like iDialer v3.0 (which is free) is MUCH closer to what Caterpillar offers.

* Everything else Caterpillar does can be done with changes to plists/files, customize etc... so is largely useless.

My biggest beef with Caterpillar is when the SDK comes out, most of its features will probably be childs play, (and hell might not even work with firmware 2.0) so its really hard to justy (to me/most people), but it is kinda tempting

exactly IvanRaide. they just upgraded some "already been done" apps.
    although I'm also concerned about the battery life in this thing

Ok, I downloaded it and activated the free trial stuff, and now I can't do anything. It opens apps, and then nothing works. I can only hit home button to exit back to home screen. Worse, all my settings related apps (SummerBoard settings, Settings, BossPrefs, Customize, Categories, etc) are in a folder made with Categories, so I can't even get into them.

Anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone know how to uninstall this? i tried through installer, but the fuctions are still there along with the settings pref menu.....
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

ĀµCalendar is the only thing I'd love to have as it's greatly useful.
    As others have stated, everything else we can do for free and often better.

The price tag is absurd for hacked platform software. It's beyond idiotic when you consider the unstability of Caterpillar apps.

Now whos up for a challenge. I'll donate $20 to whoever finds out how to do cal and events on the lock screen and releases the info publicly so other devs can utilize the feature for apps.
    Anyone else care to chip in?
    Another $10 for 5 dock icon as long as it's not completely buggy.
    Last edited by Emir S.; 2008-03-09 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

FOURTY-FIVE FEKKIN-DOLLARS?

4GB iPhones are $200 in some places, that's 1/4 the cost of the entire phone for a single app! The heck you say...... I better wake up with a smug sense of satisfaction in the morning for that kind of money, and it ain't gonna happen with this.

supressing the sender and content of an sms popping up, can that be done without the caterpillar program?

if so please link to info.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanRaide View Post
    Though I largely agree this app is WAY too much, I think some credit is due to them.

* As far as I know, search does NOT place the calendar or the calendar events on the lock screen. In fact I know of no current program that does.

* SMSNotify can not wake itselfs up and is therefore limited to using the email poll timeout for waking up.

* 'Search' for the dialer is subpar, something like iDialer v3.0 (which is free) is MUCH closer to what Caterpillar offers.

* Everything else Caterpillar does can be done with changes to plists/files, customize etc... so is largely useless.

My biggest beef with Caterpillar is when the SDK comes out, most of its features will probably be childs play, (and hell might not even work with firmware 2.0) so its really hard to justy (to me/most people), but it is kinda tempting
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

I second that. I have been looking for a way to do that since I got the phone, but nobody was able to surpress the popup. Or nobody cares I don't know.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I second that. I have been looking for a way to do that since I got the phone, but nobody was able to surpress the popup. Or nobody cares I don't know.
    x2

stocis seems to think it can be done without cat.

"Privacy: LOL! Anw a setting in the strings can remove that too"

HEY STOCIS! - LINK US IN WITH YOUR WISDOM DUDE! WALK THE WALK!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

I love the new functionality that this seems to add and I'd begrudgingly pay the money for a few of the features BUT .... after June I'm not sure my iPhone will remain jailbroken. I may (and we all may) have to chose between jailbroken iPhone as it is now OR upgrading to iPhone 2.0 to get all the new apple additions and options and leave the jailbreak and it's programs through installer behind. So....I'm going to have to pass until I understand better how this will work. Anyone know if I'm missing something here? This works through installer and jailbroken iPhone, so how is this going to work when apple updates are released? I am still on 1.1.1 and all is well in my iPhone world---but I'm not going to stay this way forever. What will be released with the SDK will make these awesome apps we have now seem like not enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by jacensolo View Post
    Ok, I downloaded it and activated the free trial stuff, and now I can't do anything. It opens apps, and then nothing works. I can only hit home button to exit back to home screen. Worse, all my settings related apps (SummerBoard settings, Settings, BossPrefs, Customize, Categories, etc) are in a folder made with Categories, so I can't even get into them.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    Me to. I can't do anything. It opens apps, and then nothing works. I can only hit home button to exit back to home screen.

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    all you have to do is turn on "passcode lock" in the general settings.
    when you turn it on, you get a "show sms preview" setting, and just turn it off.
    and if you're like me and don't like to type in a password everytime you try to unlock the phone, just set the interval to 4 hours, and everytime you get a text, the sender name shows, but the text message does not...and that is the only thing i am concerned about.

The 5-icon dock is the most tempting part of this package for me. There isnt any other app that I'm aware of that does this currently. Customize's is still broken.

pay 45 bucks or wait ur choice

Quote Originally Posted by relientmt View Post
    all you have to do is turn on "passcode lock" in the general settings.
    when you turn it on, you get a "show sms preview" setting, and just turn it off.
    and if you're like me and don't like to type in a password everytime you try to unlock the phone, just set the interval to 4 hours, and everytime you get a text, the sender name shows, but the text message does not...and that is the only thing i am concerned about.
    Well that only works when the passcode lock is active, if not you do get the popup including the text. I do know that feature and tried it on all fw that I had and it is always the same.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

I just heard that the SDK will not allow for daemon applications, so someone making something that wakes itself up every 5 minutes to notify you about things like SMS and missed calls might actually NOT be do-able from the SDK.
    Also no access to appointments, phone, SMS .... man I hate Apple and their control stupidity!

So it looks like we should all start brushing up on building the toolchain

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/..._sdk_deve.html
    http://www.adamhoughton.com/2008/03/...phone-sdk.html

The app is really nice. i bought v1.1 last week and have loved it so far. Many great features. i spoke to the dev and he will be releasing future versions with full support even though the sdk is out.

By the way, for those of you who can't do anything once installed, there is an issue the dock application. remove it then everything is fine.
    Last edited by jboone; 2008-03-10 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast