Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with files?

Default Help with files?
    Alot of posts regarding the new, themable summerboard have talked about adding or editing files in var/root/...

As someone totally new to all this, and im sure i cant be the only one?, can someone help me out and let me know how I would go about accessing and changing the files on my iphone? Is there a GUI other than funtastic?

Thanks.

If you're on a PC download iphonebrowser and if youre on a mac, well I'm no help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    If you're on a PC download iphonebrowser and if youre on a mac, well I'm no help.
    Yep, first of all, go install AppTapper's "Installer.app"
    Once u r done that, u will be able to instal apps onto ur phone from ur phone. U then need to use that to download BSD subsystem and openSSH, once u r done that. All u need to do is to connect from ur mac to ur iPhone using a SFTP client like "Fugu", which is free as well. Then u can drag&drop as u please!

keep in mind that the username and password used for connecting to you iPhone is, "root" and "dottie", respectively. This is the default password, u may want to change that depending on how paranoid u r.
    Best Regards

how do u get the iphone to appear in the fugu application? my iphone is recognized in itunes but doesnt show up on desktop or in the fugu anywhere.. where can i access it