Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Java

Default Java
    Hello all,

I am new to these forums and had a question. As far as I know java is not on the iphones. I just got one today and would like to be able to play games on pogo.com but it doesnt allow me. Is there a way to get java on my iphone? I had an ipod touch that was jailbroken so if that needs to be done that is fine but what application would I need to install to get java?

Thanks

Go to java section on cydia.You will find many packages there which are needed to run java on iphone.
    Select IPhone/Java.It will install most of the needed packages which includes vm,libraries,etc.
    Install Jikes package as a compiler
    Go to Installed Packages tab.Check that Classpath,IPhone/Java,JamVM, Jikes are installed.
    Exit cydia&reboot your phone...

Thanks for the reply. I have installed iphone/java and jikes. I rebooted my phone several times now but it still isnt working. I am trying to go to pogo.com but all it is showing is a blue block with a question mark on it.

Make sure Classpath,iPhone/Java,JamVM,Jikes are installed...

Yeah i checked to make sure they were all installed and they were but it is still not working. Does this site work on yours? I am using 2.2.1 firmware.