Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock killing apps?

Default Dock killing apps?
    So I love Dock, but it seems to kill applications when you switch away from it. For example, if I'm in ApolloIM and I use the dock to switch to safari. It hangs for a sec, then switches to safari. But then when you go back to ApolloIM, it has to reconnect and all, which is really lame. If you just use the home button and springboard, its fine. At first i thought this was an issue with ApolloIM, but it does it with MobileChat, too.

Dock is old ... and deprecated.
    Increasingly so with summerBoard.

u really have to ask urself, how much longer will it take to push that home button and click on the app of ur choice. It's effectively like expose.
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by pengcm View Post
    Dock is old ... and deprecated.
    Increasingly so with summerBoard.

u really have to ask urself, how much longer will it take to push that home button and click on the app of ur choice. It's effectively like expose.
    This is true, but in OS X I find it faster to click a dock icon rather than a key, click a window, and another key.

using Dock isn't quite like point and click, is it?
    scrolling through tiny icons for a specific app probably takes longer on Dock the the "click-flick-tap" combo.
    Best Regards

Dock is slow and almost useless.

What I do love it for is getting to rBST or Launcher in case of a problem, and for taking screenshots. =D

I use it only for screen shots. For anything else its way to slow. If there is another screen shot app, I would use it and dump dock.

So I'm pretty glad this turned into a discussion about why I (should) dislike Dock rather than a fix or maybe workaround or anything.