View Poll Results: How much would you pay for the Extended Prefs Hack from the App Store in June?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wouldn't do it if it wasn't free

82 58.99%
  • $1-$2 is reasonable to me

24 17.27%
  • $3-$4 wouldn't be out of the question

8 5.76%
  • $5 if it is good

25 17.99%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How much would you pay for the Extended Preferences Hack?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't do it if it wasn't free because its too buggy
     Think Different

bottom line, if you dont do it for free someone else will come along and build a similar version for free, so do what you will

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    So you're saying as of June, making the same alterations with a text editor is going to be alot of hard work? Your rebuttal doesn't quite stand up. But like I say, to each his own. You do your hard work, I'll stick with my text editor. No harm, no foul.
    Oh, I see what you are thinking. I will be putting this up legit in the App Store, made with the SDK, not a hack for jailbroken phones. The hack for jailbroken phones is and will always remain free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    I wouldn't do it if it wasn't free because its too buggy
    No, as I said in the first post, that has to do with Installer, there is nothing I can do. Contact Nullriver Inc. about that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    bottom line, if you dont do it for free someone else will come along and build a similar version for free, so do what you will
    *cough*BOSSPREFS*cough*

Fact is that this is just not much of an .app, it's a system resource. Paying for system resources on a MAC has been a no-no from the dawn of time.

That's a windows thing. I see the fools charging money for things like resizers for vista, LOL..... stupid.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-08 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    $0, final offer.
    know what?.....changed my mind, it is a very useful application, if it was stable, I would have no problem throwing a few dollars your way. You guys work to make these apps, I would like to be compensated for something I made.
    Last edited by alectra82; 2008-03-14 at 11:52 AM. Reason: changed my mind

A

test, upgrade to paid if you like it and want more.

pd: how will we be paying ? creditcards ? i luckily have an international visa now

Cheap bastards. Nuff said. If the application is useful, then I'll pay. I don't use this, so I wouldn't. We aren't talking about Jailbroken string around applications anymore. Devs have and will provide most things for free, but since the majority of you whine about things not working correctly, yet don't help ANY cause, it sickens me to think you'll get everything for free. Sigh.

Reako

Thanks

i actually vote for $1-$2, i think this is a reasonable price for something that is more of a file modification rather than an application. Maybe if it was a standalone app with all the tweaks and extend features instead in a separate application of a preferences.app hack/mod, it would be more of an application. (if that makes any sense).

khil.

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Cheap bastards. Nuff said. If the application is useful, then I'll pay. I don't use this, so I wouldn't. We aren't talking about Jailbroken string around applications anymore. Devs have and will provide most things for free, but since the majority of you whine about things not working correctly, yet don't help ANY cause, it sickens me to think you'll get everything for free. Sigh.

Reako
    thank you. Many people are not reading the post and think I am talking about this being in the app store, not for jailbroken phones, so it will be harder to make. The one for jailbroken phones will always remain free.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i am with you king, nuff said. we will see king. but really you have to add alot of stuff. i wish i had a mac so i can do stuff on the sdk . gl to you king.

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    i am with you king, nuff said. we will see king. but really you have to add alot of stuff. i wish i had a mac so i can do stuff on the sdk . gl to you king.
    Thank you. Looking over all the documentation and frameworks for 1.2 (Yes, it's called 1.2, not 2.0 I found out, codename "Aspen"), this looks like it will be possible, but quite daunting...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, arent we all a GREEDY bunch. And im NOT talking to KING, or BOSS, or any other of the people making up these wonderful apps that we have stuffed into our little iphones...and some of us so much that we need to exceed 60 APPS! Yet we sit back and gripe and complain if something doesn't work just perfectly, or if it messes up our precious iphone, or heaven for bid we have to actually pay a $1 or $2. Come on people, since when is anything FREE in life. If I were inclined enough to make up a cool app, why not make a buck or two for my hard work....as well as my continued hard work updating to make the app even cooler. We all have the very best phone available anywhere in the world, and guess what, Mr. Jobs didn't give it to us for free...we shelled out a lot of green for this awesome phone. We all make calls on this phone im assuming, which we shell out even more green monthly for this service. So all of the BIG CORPORATIONS are getting our hard earned money, why not support the regular JOE taking time from his normal job to bring to us a way to make the worlds best phone even better. I'm sure when EA Sports or the other big gaming companies put their apps in the app store you will buy it, but when one of our own tries to make a buck you get your panties all in a bunch! So quit the complaining!!! If you don't want it, fine, shut your pie hole and don't even put the free version on your phone either. Go read some books and program your own crap, but whatever you do, don't even think of making people pay a whole $1 or $2 for it!

Thanks

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

BUUUT, I'll try! hehehe

Now before anyone starts talking static to me, I just wanna say, that hey man, it's true, I have never said anything cuz I don't wanna piss people off, but, so many of these people make all these really cool apps for us to install, and have made it really easy for us to do that, and so when I read some of the posts on people complaining, I always think to myself, Wow! that is soo screwed up, that this person is complaining about this and that person is complaining about that, damn, I can't believe that not more, or all of these people charge for letting us use what they have created, to tell you the truth, and we have people that actually [email protected] about stuff?? Are you F#$%^G kidding me!!

You know when I first learned about this site, and started reading about all the awesome stuff I could do with my phone, and apps to install, I kept looking for the area, that would tell me how much the apps cost, or which people were charging for what they created! I kept looking and as I kept reading and reading, I realized, that it was FREE! I couldn't believe it! I was like, NO WAY! Could these people be going through all this work, and be sharing this stuff with everyone for free?? So just to be sure, I asked a few people, (pm). Seriously, they told me, it's free! So I was like, well, do these people have other fulltime jobs, or is this what they do for a living, and if they do this for a living, where do I pay? They were like NOPE! All free, of course you can donate, which I have, but, come on guys to hear ya'll complain about free stuff, and not to mention, that, hey man, these people are putting lots of their own time to share all this with us! So it's true what dr33Rocks says, hey, if ya don't wanna take the chance on screwing up your phone, or don't like the way it all goes down when you install an app, guess what?? DON'T FREAKING INSTALL ANYTHING!! Have a boring iphone! So all you people complaining, STOP!! Geesh! It's true, some of us paid the whole freaking 600 bucks when the damn thing came out, and if someone wants to charge 5 freaking dollars for something they took their time to make and share, we get all freaking stingy?? Get over it people!!

Wheew! Ok, I'm done! hehehe Ok, reeeeady, goooo! Let me have it! Cuz I know some off you WILL! Bye now!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

Here's the major difference:

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    hey, if ya don't wanna take the chance on screwing up your phone, or don't like the way it all goes down when you install an app, guess what?? DON'T FREAKING INSTALL ANYTHING!!
    Do you believe this holds true for commercial software as well? Because if I'm going to pay for something, it better damn well work. No offense to the many Dev's out there, but 90% of the stuff is provided free for a good reason, we're the beta testers; and most of it is buggy.

There are some good solid Apps like Summerboard, WeDict, Books, etc. But would I pay for something like Boss Categories or Boss Poof, just so it can screw my phone enough that I have to do a restore? Not on your life.

There are three standard rules to providing good service:

1. Provide it in a timely fashion.
    2. Provide it at a reasonable cost.
    3. Provide it without defect.

If these 3 are met, I'll be happy to pay for any software.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

"Here's the major difference"

"Do you believe this holds true for commercial software as well? Because if I'm going to pay for something, it better damn well work"

Again, the difference is that you DON"T have to pay for anything here, unless you want to, and they are straight up when they say something is buggy, so don't install it, if you don't want to take the risk!

And Geesh dude! They ask for like 3-5 bucks! That's is not much!!

Ok, I can kinda see this might go into a debate, and don't wanna do that.
    All I'm saying, is if ya don't wanna do something, don't do it, but, also, don't talk static to these awesome people who spend all this time working on really cool apps that we all use, and most for free! I'm just saying!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Again, the difference is that you DON"T have to pay for anything here, unless you want to, and they are straight up when they say something is buggy, so don't install it, if you don't want to take the risk!
    If you review the purpose for this thread. This is a census of what these programs will be worth once they go commercial. This has nothing to do with how they are currently being provided free of charge.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Please note that all posts and votes from this point on should be under the assumption that it is 100% stable and won't screw anything up.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Nothing. Each of these mods can be done easily in a text editor.
    correct!
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

nothing only couse the app was free originally. e.g paying for free tv
    and yes i understand that developers put lots of time into things but thats what donations r 4
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast