Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help adding NES ROMS -- tried everything

Default I need help adding NES ROMS -- tried everything
    Ok, here is my problem, i have read a million forums and cannot get my roms into my nes emulator.

I am currently running nes version 2.0.5-1
    I have downloaded roms from atleast 10 different sources, including sources that claim that they work on 1.1.3
    I have tried updates that claim to fix problems with nes on 1.1.3
    I have used winscp and manually load the roms into folders var/root/media/roms/nes and var/root/mobile/roms/nes
    I have tried changing permissions to 775 and 777
    I have also installed bsd subsystem and open ssh.

IF anyone can please help me figure out why there are still no roms showing up, please e-mail me [email protected]! thanks
    -Logan

/private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES

it is case sensitive....

Quote Originally Posted by hpp View Post
    /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES

it is case sensitive....
    Yep, that's your problem most likely. Same thing happened to me.

But let me get these straight. There are sources available to download ROMs through installer?

Throw me a bone.

I agree with both of the above respondants but would add that you may have to add the ROMs and NES folders because they will probably not be there. Key here is to go into private, then var. Not var first. Then add the folders I mentioned in the media folder making sure that you use the proper case.

Hope that helps,

GenghisPhlip

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wballz View Post

But let me get these straight. There are sources available to download ROMs through installer?

Throw me a bone.
    No. There are no sources to download ROMs through the installer.
    Last edited by GenghisPhlip; 2008-03-07 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if those dont work try
    var/root/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

there is a source that installs NES roms, i downloaded shai's all sources (way too many) and there was a category on installers for NES Roms....i didnt no the exact source since it installed well over 60 sources...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey good news my roms got transfer on the iphone plus SummerBoard is now working on version 1.1.4, I’ll give the step by step that I did to get them to work.

Download the softwares from these links, I starting so the newbies can follow because I was one 2 weeks ago.
    http://www.downloadziphone.org/
    http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

If your iphone is lock, use the software from the first link to unlock your phone, it works great with the 1.1.4 iphone version (thank you Zibri), follow the instruction just one click to unlock and everything. After the phone is unlocked you’ll see some new icons, tap on the installer icon, install the BSD subsystem and BSD Subsystem 2.0 Termfix (don’t know if the second one did anything but this is what I did).
    For the newbies you can go ahead and install 1.1.3/4 Safari Patch, also install the NES version 2.0.5-1 (needed to run the roms plus for the others who wanted to mute the game sound this version has that). On a need to basis you need to install SUID Lib Fix it allows SummerBoard to run. Now I made it easier on my self and installed Ziphone ibrickr fix and MobileFinder. I use MobileFinder to create the folder that the roms need to go in (/private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES) this directory is case sensitive so make sure it is type correctly. When all this is sorted out, make sure the phone is plug in then open ibrickr, when it comes up by using the phone on the right to interact with your phone click on files (oh IMPORTANT to note close itunes before trying to access the phone else the folders won’t be accessible). Now go in private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES (the folder that u made with MobileFinder), click upload look for the roms select the ones you want to upload by pressing ctrl to select more than one, make sure they have a .nes extension click open and your good to go. You can try to use the other features of ibrickr but the application feature and the ringtone feature didn’t work for me but you might have better luck.
    OH SORRY ibrickr team I said that ibrickr didn’t work in one of my posting, I hope you accept my apologies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

there are sources to download ROMS via installer......i have but it dosent show up when you open nes......im still trying to work on it...any help?

Default THE MISSING ROMs
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wballz View Post

Throw me a bone.
    WHere do you get these ROMs you speak of...?
    IVE TRIED EVERYTHING TOO!!