37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 27.03%
  • No

22 59.46%
  • Why?

5 13.51%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This community really angers me

Default This community really angers me
    I really cannot believe that some people are so selfish and want money for applications in Cydia, within the "psp" scene (PlayStation portable) everyone who is a Dev never sold their applications, everyone gave to the community to make it as good as it is. but I go to Cydia and find out I have to pay for things someone could give us for free, just so they can make a few bucks, sure its not too expensive but that's hardly the point. I say if someone is gonna sell an application for jailbroken customers, they should just make it free, if they are THAT good of a developer there is no reason they can't make apps for the official app store and make a lot of money, because that would at least be legitimate. Jailbreaking is on the edge of being illegal and these "some" of these devs are looking at the iPhone as a way to get rich quick or something. I realize that I am making a message to many kinds of people, mostly in the psp theme its just gamers who are much like each other, but with a phone everyone loves phones basically. so I have created a poll, it wont change anything but please vote.

Thanks

The Devs make paid apps for Cydia because their apps are not accepted by Apple for use on the App Store. If you don't want to pay, don't. Make your own app if you think it's that easy or not worth any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    The Devs make paid apps for Cydia because their apps are not accepted by Apple for use on the App Store. If you don't want to pay, don't. Make your own app if you think it's that easy or not worth any money.
    Well I'm talking about apps that are actually simple in their nature anyway, such as clippy which gives us copy and paste, its going to come out for 3.0 software and yet the author is still going to try to sell it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not like the devs are asking an arm and a leg for their hard work...whats a few bucks for something that some put a lot of time and thought into, especially if you value that idea or product. If you don't want to pay for something then don't, but don't @#$%# and moan because people want to be slightly rewarded for their efforts and skills.

As Simtech, make your own, but theirs no need to make a thread entitled 'this community really angers me'....leave then....or contribute positively.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

they deserve the money for their efforts. they cant work for 2 months on an app and then give it to u for free (well they can) but they want to earn some money. and thats their right

Quote Originally Posted by Jomann View Post
    Well I'm talking about apps that are actually simple in their nature anyway, such as clippy which gives us copy and paste, its going to come out for 3.0 software and yet the author is still going to try to sell it.
    Do you really think "clippy" was simple to code? If you do you need to get a reality check.. I bet u you when 3.0 cut n paste comes out the clippy copy and paste will be much better in every way So in my opinion i wish clippy was free but its not and he has every right to get paid for all his time and effort..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ceelo2008 For This Useful Post:

NetMage (2009-03-20)

Thanks

I don't understand. People spend $500 or whatever on an iphone and they're too damn cheap to spend $10 on an app.

Sell the thing if you can't afford the upkeep
    To live, you have to lie

If you think the attitude among devs sucks, then do something about it. Become a dev and set the example for others to follow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Let the flames begin ;D

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

Clippy isn't free? i just upgraded this morning and it never asked me for a penny.hmm weird...anyway

i think these guys deserve some money for their efforts but i could see why one would complain if it gets outta hand (too pricey i mean). but as of now, they deserve something. if these people only realized how much time and effort goes into these apps, then they would understand that time is time away from family and kids and all that. at least for some of us ,we value that time and i don't blame them for wanting some money on the side. there ain't a thing in this world that is free, just because it was given to you DOESN'T mean it was free.what you think God said,"I Give You All the Seed bearing plants and iPhone apps to use"? nuh uh i don't think it works like that. someone, somewhere, put in the hours to make whatever it is you download. wether they do it for a living or a hobby. its not the question of if they should sell it or give it away, its the question how much are you willing to pay?

and those dudes that keep compareing the iPhone price to these apps getting a price tag. there is no comparison there. yeah my iPhones costed 500 bucks or so but we're talking about apps or software not phones as a whole, in other words him complaining about the price of these apps has nothing to do with him being too cheap or whatever just cuz he bought an expensive phone. i respect what these devs do and am willing to pay for what i want or need to download, but stateing that people are cheap cuz they don't want to buy a $10 app is like the Oil companies saying,"Hey, you just bought a $80,000 vehicle so now we're gonna make you pay $8 a gallon for gas, you know since you obivously can afford the upkeep".wether you can afford it or not you can't tell me you wouldn't complain about that, maybe it's not expensive to you but maybe it's too much for him or other people. personally if it's a good app yeah i would pay 10 bucks for it!

EDIT: this may need to be re-read once or twice, i've found for some this is very hard to do i guess. i'll tell it too you like this right here, i think we should pay for something if we want to use it. i'm not defending this Jamenn dude just simply stateing that MAYBE he can't afford to pay that's why he's b*tching. and the "DaMan" dude it's people like me that are gonna be paying for your (and i quote) nightmare if you ever decide to charge for it. i like it and use it frequently so like i said check yourself on that!
    Last edited by gomer713; 2009-03-20 at 06:26 AM.

honestly this thread should just be deleted b/c im sick of all u ungrateful kids thinking that they know anything about this stuff and being too cheap to buy an app... when you sit in front of a monitor for 15 hours a day for months on end and develop carpal tunnel syndrome just to create a "simple app like clippy" then you can come to me and tell me what u think. until then you can shut the **** up!!!! if you think that all apps should be free regardless of how much work someone puts into them then why dont you just go ahead and join our rivals starting with an "x" and ending with a "sellize", but if you think this you have some corrupted ethics.

Thanks

^don't know if that was in response to my last post but if it was i never said apps should be free nor did i say i wasn't willing to pay for them.

Thanks

How are the devs suppose to update apps or stay active without money? Think about that.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Sounds like someone got there allowance taken away and now wants everything to be given to him. I wish I knew how to make my own apps. I have a few ideas for a few but never did code or anything like that. I'm sure I could do it with a little help getting started. I think I will join the dev with Apple and see what I can do.
    I love my iPhone Cydia style.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomann View Post
    I really cannot believe that some people are so selfish and want money for applications in Cydia, within the "psp" scene (PlayStation portable) everyone who is a Dev never sold their applications, everyone gave to the community to make it as good as it is. but I go to Cydia and find out I have to pay for things someone could give us for free, just so they can make a few bucks, sure its not too expensive but that's hardly the point. I say if someone is gonna sell an application for jailbroken customers, they should just make it free, if they are THAT good of a developer there is no reason they can't make apps for the official app store and make a lot of money, because that would at least be legitimate. Jailbreaking is on the edge of being illegal and these "some" of these devs are looking at the iPhone as a way to get rich quick or something. I realize that I am making a message to many kinds of people, mostly in the psp theme its just gamers who are much like each other, but with a phone everyone loves phones basically. so I have created a poll, it wont change anything but please vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    ^don't know if that was in response to my last post but if it was i never said apps should be free nor did i say i wasn't willing to pay for them.
    You both sound like a bunch of stupid, bratty, punk kids. I hope that something you worked hard for gets jacked from you.

dale1v: no.

You think Clippy was easy? It was a nightmare. GFU!
    Last edited by dale1v; 2009-03-20 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

wait!!!!!!!!! i never had to pay for clippy.. what? what did i miss? i still have it and havent been asked for any money. o and apps should deff be payed for. ive been working on my own app and its very time consuming. u should try youll be crying your self to sleep after the first few lines of code. beaauch!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan_Fool View Post
    You both sound like a bunch of stupid, bratty, punk kids. I hope that something you worked hard for gets jacked from you.

You think Clippy was easy? It was a nightmare. GFU!
    first off ain't nobody no C**T. secondly if you would've read my post throughly you would understand i NEVER said Clippy was easy nor was i talkin Sh*t bout it so you need to check yourself on that! i have Clippy and i use it everyday i upgraded today and it NEVER prompted me to pay or else i would've that is what i said. if you need to calm down and take a walk then do so cause i never said it was easy to make Clippy, i'm 27 years old bro and you ain't gotta come up in here create an account just to speak your disrespectful thoughts to the wrong person re-read my post!i am more then willing to pay for apps jailbroken or not they deserve money for the work they do!
    Last edited by gomer713; 2009-03-20 at 05:37 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe I'm posting on this thread, but I'm completely confused why a couple people are flaming Gomer...uhhh he said nothing wrong that I read.

To the OP, wow...I respect your right to an opinion, but it's ridiculous.

FWIW, CLIPPY IS FREE!! At least until 1.0 is released. And I've paid for all apps I own, the devs deserve to be paid. I won't pay for one if I don't think it's worth it. Chances are someone else will make one similar and competition helps consumers.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigperm26 For This Useful Post:

gomer713 (2009-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigperm26 View Post
    I can't believe I'm posting on this thread, but I'm completely confused why a couple people are flaming Gomer...uhhh he said nothing wrong that I read.

To the OP, wow...I respect your right to an opinion, but it's ridiculous.

FWIW, CLIPPY IS FREE!! At least until 1.0 is released. And I've paid for all apps I own, the devs deserve to be paid. I won't pay for one if I don't think it's worth it. Chances are someone else will make one similar and competition helps consumers.
    at least someone can read thanks for confirming that

why stop with the iphone? all apps should be free. its not like its hard to write a program or anything...... and yes im being sarcastic

23. The Following User Says Thank You to origitat For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2009-03-20)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast