37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 27.03%
  • No

22 59.46%
  • Why?

5 13.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This community really angers me

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    at least someone can read thanks for confirming that
    I just think you are a punk for defending Jomann. I wish we could figure out how to block ungrateful b*tches from using apps. Just because he is stuck on his moms teet doesn't mean he can latch on to mine. F' Off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there are some apps in cydia that are worth paying for and some of them are really useful, apps that that f*cking rotten apple would not allow because that is their selfish nature. So i dont mind shelling out 5 dollar for them, but as for any dev working for apple they wont get a cent out of me

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

^now i have yet to curse you but you gonna go and hot breath yourself over some mis-understanding that's on you. haha but alright dude whatever you say. you ain't gotta tell no more about it cuz i wasn't defending no one obivously you didn't re-read! you need to get some as* bro or somethin to make you chill, i can tell Clippy must have been hard cuz you're still trippin on me for nothing.DAMN!! whats the use of all those hard hours if you didn't learn to let go of the small ****, like this thread. i looked up to you devs at one point and still do to some.but like i said, it is the people like ME that would've paid for your hard work in the first place i don't think i'm the ungrateful one. if you didn't want it released then you shouldn't have released it.

If you think clippy was simple, you are really out of touch with software development.

Making a deep system modification like that (or WinterBoard, or Intelliscreen) takes incredible effort and incredible testing.

What have you given to the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Jomann View Post
    Well I'm talking about apps that are actually simple in their nature anyway, such as clippy which gives us copy and paste, its going to come out for 3.0 software and yet the author is still going to try to sell it.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

You all have no idea

Thanks

lol

Jomann, you are an ***, and your opinions are those of an ***.
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

Clippy is not free he has it set to deactivate at a set date when 1.0 is done you will have to pay

Quote Originally Posted by ceelo2008 View Post
    Clippy is not free he has it set to deactivate at a set date when 1.0 is done you will have to pay
    What is the date set for deactivation? I just got clippy the other day and I have not been prompted about deactivation or payment of any kind. And lets face it, unless clippy has some new amazing feature that the 3.0 OS doesnt have, no one will pay for it, at least I wont!!

Thanks

Wow. The OP's sense of entitlement is so deluded.

It's simple. It's free enterprise. If you build something I say try to sell it. If you build something and you want to give it away I say give it away. But it's not for anyone to decide but the person who built it, in this case the devs.

Here's what I do. If I like something I buy it. If I don't like it I don't buy it. If I think it's too expensive I don't buy it or I do it myself. I don't act like I should be given it simply because I think it should be free. Like I said, it's simple.

I bet the OP is the same type of person who will call a radio station because they don't like a particular song and wants them to stop playing it as opposed to simply changing the station.

Someone said it already but it bears repeating, contribute and then at least you'll have a base to argue from. Please don't complain for complaining's sake.

While I agree that one of the things that makes the MMI community great are those who freely give the time and talent the other half of that equation are the devs that give us what apple should have given us and want to be rewarded for their efforts.

I'm not a noob nor am I new to most any scene. I've been on both sides since Centropy first started putting out the best ever TS's although I tend to stay on the safer side now.

My advice, go back to the PSP scene and hug somebody for giving you something free.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    ^now i have yet to curse you but you gonna go and hot breath yourself over some mis-understanding that's on you. haha but alright dude whatever you say. you ain't gotta tell no more about it cuz i wasn't defending no one obivously you didn't re-read! you need to get some as* bro or somethin to make you chill, i can tell Clippy must have been hard cuz you're still trippin on me for nothing.DAMN!! whats the use of all those hard hours if you didn't learn to let go of the small ****, like this thread. i looked up to you devs at one point and still do to some.but like i said, it is the people like ME that would've paid for your hard work in the first place i don't think i'm the ungrateful one. if you didn't want it released then you shouldn't have released it.
    Dude. Just chill. DaFool (no mistake) is just a troll. He joined yesterday and has yet to contribute anything but negative comments. Don't get worked up about anything he says. You're only giving him what he wants.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Simple answer to this thread? Programmers need to put food on the table and a roof over their head too. How would you like it if I just storm up to you when you're working and tell you that what you do is easy and you shouldn't get paid.

Thanks

I sure hope Jomann doesn't come back.

You thought he was angry when he started this thread? you ain't seen nothin yet
    To live, you have to lie

gomer : i wasnt tlking to you and i dont think dafoolman or w/e was originally but my response was a response to this entire thread

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Anyone who thinks all apps should be free has no concept of the term respect. On any level.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

JStraitiff (2009-03-21), Napoleon_PhoneApart (2009-03-21)

Thanks

Jomann, seriously...EVERYTHING NEEDS MONEY!! Money for survival! Money for moving! Money for equipment! Money for moving! Money for apps. Money for ideas! (not sure about that one) Money for expanding! You can name all of them and I'm still right! (I think)
    Last edited by awesomeSlayer; 2009-03-21 at 03:44 AM.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Dude. Just chill. DaFool (no mistake) is just a troll. He joined yesterday and has yet to contribute anything but negative comments. Don't get worked up about anything he says. You're only giving him what he wants.
    Why don't you STFU? I am just telling it like it is. Programmers work hard and have the right to charge for their product. Why are you even part of a community that doesn't condone warez. You my friend are a theif.

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    gomer : i wasnt tlking to you and i dont think dafoolman or w/e was originally but my response was a response to this entire thread
    I am glad someone gets it. Some sensitive thieving fools in here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright dude if your not talking to me then don't quote me in your responses and you could be more professional about them as well it's just a suggestion cuz you are the dev. That's all I'm gonna say I don't need to waste anymore time on this pointless thread for what it's worth.

How bout everybody cool off, otherwise we can close the thread.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Whether they fall in line with your own personal opinions or not.

The OP just happens to think that just because an app can't make the appstore it should be free. How they came to this conclusion is beyond me, but hey to each their own.

I buy apps, donate for betas, and donate to devs that make something that I enjoy using. It is after all just money. You can't take it with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast