Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize on 1.1.4

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone have a source to be used in installer to get the modified customize program that will work with the method described earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by debennett2 View Post
    Where in iPhone PC Suite is this? I am new to it and am using the latest version...some stuff is in Chinese it seems...most is not though.

Where is terminal? Is it an install.app thing?

Thanks!
    No... terminal is an app on its own. It's proper name should appear as "Term-vt100". It's a DOS program sort of... in which you type the commands just like DOS. I dunno if you can manage to download it via install.app but I got it via another way. I hacked my iPhone using iPlus v2.0 which I downloaded from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/98519698/iPlus2.0.zip.html and as soon as the hacking was complete and I restarted my iPhone I saw this new app called "Term-vt100" (the terminal). When I opened it, it asked me for a password which is "alpine". Then I typed that command which I gave you before and it worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by lente View Post
    I had your same problem. I'm running iphone with firmware 1.1.4 but now I have it working perfectly. This is what I did:

1. Download the modified version of Customize by Skylar - download here

2. Extracted the zip file and dragged and copied the Customize folder into your Applications folder on your iPhone via iPhone browser

4. Gave the Customize application permission 755 via iPhone PC Suite

3. Then run the following commands via terminal:

/Applications/Customize.app/Customize

4. Restart iPhone.
    Did everything you say above then when I enter :/Applications/Customize.app/Customize the phone displays customize, but I cannot close it and winSCP locks!!! I have to rebook the phone to get ride of the customize... Then when I have rebooted and press the customize icom after about 20/30 seconds it goes back to home screen. Can anyone help?

John

Make sure you have firmware 1.1.4. I suggest you delete the app completely with iphonebrowser and re-install it.

I removed it then went into winSCP copy folder across as guided and still it will not work..... help please....

John
    Last edited by Prioryman; 2008-03-24 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prioryman View Post
    I removed it then went into winSCP copy folder across as guided and still it will not work..... help please....

John
    Use iPhone browser to copy files.

without sounding silly what is iPhone browser I'm using windows to transfer vis winSCP thanks John

i am stuck on the chicken part of the video i have tapped it over and over a hundred times but customize still wont pop up so i can change stuff any suggestions why it not working for me?

nvm that last post i have did everything like the video and when i go to look for customize 1.1.3 in all packages its not there i only have "customize" and "customize (old)" i dont have the other customize option so what needs to be done to get this option? and yes i downloaded the compatitbility 1.1.4 patch
    Last edited by slick123456; 2008-03-26 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Prioryman View Post
    without sounding silly what is iPhone browser I'm using windows to transfer vis winSCP thanks John
    iPhone Browser is an explorer, sort-of, which works with windows and lets you explorer and browse through each and every file in your iphone. It even has the drag and drop function which comes in handy when adding ringtones for example. You can download from this same website: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=301

i have 1.1.4 and i added the ipodtouched.net/repo.xml source and i installed the 1.1.4 compability and the modded customize
    everything works
    but when i go to settings-general-about and look at my firmware
    it says N/A
    it used to say 1.1.4

is this soemthing i should be worried about?!

i have 1.1.4 and i added the ipodtouched.net/repo.xml source and i installed the 1.1.4 compability and the modded customize
    everything works
    but when i go to settings-general-about and look at my firmware
    it says N/A
    it used to say 1.1.4

is this soemthing i should be worried about?!
    Last edited by sehan84; 2008-03-27 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Try uninstall the 1.1.4 compitability and reboot the Phone & check the about again see if it shows the right #

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punkmarket For This Useful Post:

floode (2008-04-03), sehan84 (2008-03-27)

thanks a lot punkmarket
    it worked!

[QUOTE=sehan84;532391]i have 1.1.4 and i added the ipodtouched.net/repo.xml source and i installed the 1.1.4 compability and the modded customize
    [QUOTE]

i did everything he has did on the installer source and downloaded the 1.1.4 compability patch but when i go to all packages and scroll down to customise i dont see a third customize for some reason all i see is

"customized"
    "customized(old)"

any ideas on what i could be missing or didnt do even though i did step by step in the video posted on the first page?

I have a hard time to heard him say. So I dont know the first link is correct or not.

http://repo.rspazro.net

Is that link right??

hey.... i've done every step on the video but the customize 1.1.3 does not show in installer. only customize and customize(old). what do i do?

same here too, checked my f/w and it says 1.1.3
    16GB iPhone 1.1.4
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8820

This repo did the trick.

After losing my AT&T carrier image tab by installing other Customize 1.21(tried every version I could find),
    it all came back with this version.

Installed 114 Compatibility patch.Here:
    http://repo.ispazio.net

Installed the regular version Customize 1.21, reboot system, make sure it runs.Then uninstall.Next.

Installed Customize 1.21 custom(2) from repo below. Reboot system, make sure it runs.
    http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    Customize 1.1.3 custom version

Note, most sources in the repository still install the images into root instead of mobile.
    You will still have to move everything from:

* /private/var/root/Library/Customize to
    * /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize and
    * /private/var/root/Library/DockSwap to
    * /private/var/mobile/Library/DowkSwap

Also, the Carrier Images DO work. However the option to change it will not show up until you add in a
    Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and a FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png into
    /System/Library/CoreServices.SpringBoard.app To do this,

1. download a package that includes carrier images.
    2. Rename a matching pair of images to those named above and
    3. place them into the said folder.

I also put Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and a FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png in
    /system/library/carrier bundles/unknown bundle.

Then used MIM app (makeitmine) changed carrier text to Ipod and voila.
    I can now change my carrier logos within Customize 1.21 custom.

I'm on Fido in Canada, this is what I did.

On 1.1.4/ 04.04.05G /3.9bootloader/Ziphone2.5

Hi,I used the two apps ipodtouched an ispazio,i installed the compatability patch 1.1.4 and i dont see any costumize 1.1.3 app.PLS help TNX

Quote Originally Posted by mikifilipo View Post
    Hi,I used the two apps ipodtouched an ispazio,i installed the compatability patch 1.1.4 and i dont see any costumize 1.1.3 app.PLS help TNX
    If you have the Ipodtouched repo, go to Categories in Installer. You'll see file directory called Ipod Touched. In there is about 7 items. You'll see Modded Customize 1.0. Thats what its called now. Install this, and your good to go.
    Good luck.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Useful Post:

dncrgrl (2008-03-30)

I did everything like in the video, but i dont have an Customize 1.1.3, only the Customize, customize old... where's the other one? the sources are installed correctly and i did everything as in the video. ?????

Nevermind, I did find it. Thanks :0)
    Last edited by bbworld4u; 2008-03-31 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast