Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HelloWorld java app won't run or compile

Thanks
    Default HelloWorld java app won't run or compile
    Hello all, I just downloaded the iphone/java and jikes packages from cydia. Two packages are sitting on my desktop, HelloJava and HelloScript. HelloJava just opens my contacts list when tapped and HelloScript crashes. I tried compiling with jikes and it returns many errors. I'm pretty sure the package from cydia isn't bunk, so what gives?

I looked around and found some outdated guides, could anyone point me to a more up to date guide on java with iphone?

edit:
    figured out how to specify the class path, still can't get any of the springboard java apps to run. Also how do you compile apps to run from springboard, just jar them or what?
    Last edited by vinsai; 2009-03-14 at 04:45 AM.
    CDOS

CDOS.RUN

RUN.DOS.RUN

I'm wondering the same things, there isn't much out on the internets about using java on iphone yet.

Thanks
    There just doesn't seem to be much interest in Java on iphone. I found something called xmlvm that is able to cross compile a .class into objective-c, but I can't make heads or tails of the setup or usage. I got everything installed according to the README file but in the setup process it refers to a folder called java2xmlvm and i don't see it anywhere in this folder. I'm kind of stuck now...
    CDOS

CDOS.RUN

RUN.DOS.RUN