Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best VoIP App?

Default Best VoIP App?
    I was wondering what was the best application for making phone calls over wi-fi. I am going to be travelling outside the country and would like to be able to make free calls whenever I am connected to wi-fi. The app could be from either Cydia or the App Store, doesn't matter. Thanks!

Try siax or siphon on cydia.
    Siax: over wifi&3g
    Siphon: only wifi

Thanks, I'm new to the VoIP thing and I was wondering how do I create an SIP account? Also, both these apps say you can make cheap calls over wi-fi, so that means it still costs money right? Isn't there anyway to make free calls?

There are so many providers offer sip services on the net.One of them is 12voip.com...
    12voip| cheap calls all over the world!
    Just search it on google for others...

yeah i've registered for an sip account (i think it's sipphone), but now I need to get an app that wil allow my to make calls through wi-fi for free, is there such a thing? Or do I always have to pay some small fee?

Well,you have always been able to call other SIPphones for free(sip to sip).Also you can call any non-sip phone in the world for super low rates with SIP Minutes.There are no monthly fees with SIP Minutes&calls are rounded to the next minute.You can buy $10,$20 or $50 in SIP Minutes.When you make a call to a non-SIPphone user,your account will be automatically billed...

Is there anyway to make free calls to a person with skype? What about with Fring?
    Last edited by jsharpe; 2009-03-08 at 07:28 PM.

Fring&Nimbuzz also supports voip over wifi.Both of them are free,so try to see which app will be more useful for you.Cuz some people are have trouble with them...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys.. I have been looking over and over and over and over on the net to find infos regarding VOIP on the iphone.
    I have an iphone but with no telephone number assigned to it. I want to use my iphone solely via VOIP/wiFi - what is the application and services that will let me do just that? remember, i have no NO phone number assigned to the phone. there's not even a sim card in it.

thanks in advance