Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: (OS X) THE IDIOTS GUIDE to **CUSTOMIZE** on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

  1. #61
    ok.. terminal part i get this ssh: Error resolving hostname 10.0.1.194*: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    when i am trying to conect. What now?

  2. #62
    Default same problem
    Im having the same problem you are...are we doing something wrong

  3. #63
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    That's not an IP address.(Not for the phone anyway) phones on wifi have 192.168.1.X

    on an unrelated note, as stated before in the thread if your install doesn't work you either did it wrong or have a conflict. Restore and jailbreak is a 5 min process, so if the second time you do this it is not working, restore and break. a 1.1.4 phone and ziphone 2.5 jailbreak works perfect on this as long as you do it right.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-25 at 04:03 PM.

  4. #64
    You lost me at this line.....

    "(6). Now, open your terminal application on your MAC."

    What about winderz?

  5. #65
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    What about the title of this thread clearly says this is for mac?

    Windows can screw things up. Apple to Apple is an easy fix in most cases, so we'll let the windows users have their own mess of thread.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-27 at 05:05 PM.

  6. #66
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts

    Its not showing the BackUp Images for me...

  7. #67
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Köflach, Austria
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    it may sound strang, but i have no idea what BSD or SSH is!! ;*(

    coul anybody help?!?

  8. #68
    this only works using a mac...?? do you know a way to do all that using windows..?

  9. #69
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    God damnit newbie........

  10. #70
    can this also be done with iphonebrowser? it works best for me WinSCP works sometimes & sometimes it don't for me.

  11. #71
    omg you rule!! i'm SO glad i found this post. i've been trying to get customize to work on 1.1.3 forever now! i'm glad this works.

    the only thing i noticed different though that didn't work in the terminal and popped up an error message was what you said to copy and paste: ssh -l root 192.168.1.* ...but after reading a second time i realize that the * is meant to replace your IP.

    anyways, what i had to do to avoid the error message was not put the * and just put the IP, though some may get confused with this, especially since people following this most likely don't know anything about terminal (like myself, i just figured that out because i've accessed my iPhone through the terminal before similarly for a different reason and picked up on what i could remember).

    so no * people if you're having any trouble.

    i followed the rest and it works perfectly! thanks for the post. i rated it 5 stars and clicked 'thanks'. i appreciate it!

  12. #72
    thanks, worked like a charm

  13. #73
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ekologik View Post
    omg you rule!! i'm SO glad i found this post. i've been trying to get customize to work on 1.1.3 forever now! i'm glad this works.

    the only thing i noticed different though that didn't work in the terminal and popped up an error message was what you said to copy and paste: ssh -l root 192.168.1.* ...but after reading a second time i realize that the * is meant to replace your IP.

    anyways, what i had to do to avoid the error message was not put the * and just put the IP, though some may get confused with this, especially since people following this most likely don't know anything about terminal (like myself, i just figured that out because i've accessed my iPhone through the terminal before similarly for a different reason and picked up on what i could remember).

    so no * people if you're having any trouble.

    i followed the rest and it works perfectly! thanks for the post. i rated it 5 stars and clicked 'thanks'. i appreciate it!
    pssssst - it says in the OP not to use the * and to use your IP.

  14. #74
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    customize 2.0 beta is out

    www.customizeapp.com

  15. #75
    Hey People!
    So I am trying to change the battery images but I can't find the corresponding folder in the Customize app. to put them in... The only folders are bin, files, icons, and settings with no sub-folders...
    I am using Cyberduck and Fugu
    FW: 1.1.4
    computer: Mac

    Great tutorial btw one1

    thanks in adv.

  16. #76
    Just get Customize 2.0 Beta

    It owns the other Customizes by a long shot




  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by ragulla View Post
    ok.. terminal part i get this ssh: Error resolving hostname 10.0.1.194*: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    when i am trying to conect. What now?
    Use 10.0.1.194 don't put the * in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    That's not an IP address.(Not for the phone anyway) phones on wifi have 192.168.1.X
    Not true. Home networks can be in the 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255, 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 range. Most home networks use the 192 range because that's what linksys, and d-stink use.
    Last edited by barry99705; 2008-05-01 at 08:43 PM.

  18. #78
    PLZ!!! Reply Anyone know a good source or download (link) for customize stuff because im really happy i have it, but what's the use if u can't change anything.
    Plz post.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by drosera View Post
    Hey People!
    So I am trying to change the battery images but I can't find the corresponding folder in the Customize app. to put them in... The only folders are bin, files, icons, and settings with no sub-folders...
    I am using Cyberduck and Fugu
    FW: 1.1.4
    computer: Mac

    Great tutorial btw one1

    thanks in adv.
    i'm in the same boat.
    i have some sliders and battery sets i can manually install through ssh; but no folders exist..?!?

    as well if i download something from installer it just changes things straight away and i can't change them back..
    help!?

  20. #80
    ok im going to put it plain and simple... i dont understand a whole lot of what yall are talking about, im computer retarded compared to yall...

    i have a 16gb iphone firmware 1.1.4 unlocked through ziphone and very few of the apps will download and when i try customize it gives me an error message stating i need firmware 1.1.(123) anyone got any tips? in english please lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •