Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (OS X) THE IDIOTS GUIDE to **CUSTOMIZE** on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

ok.. terminal part i get this ssh: Error resolving hostname 10.0.1.194*: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    when i am trying to conect. What now?

Default same problem
    Im having the same problem you are...are we doing something wrong

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

That's not an IP address.(Not for the phone anyway) phones on wifi have 192.168.1.X

on an unrelated note, as stated before in the thread if your install doesn't work you either did it wrong or have a conflict. Restore and jailbreak is a 5 min process, so if the second time you do this it is not working, restore and break. a 1.1.4 phone and ziphone 2.5 jailbreak works perfect on this as long as you do it right.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-25 at 04:03 PM.

You lost me at this line.....

"(6). Now, open your terminal application on your MAC."

What about winderz?

Thanks

What about the title of this thread clearly says this is for mac?

Windows can screw things up. Apple to Apple is an easy fix in most cases, so we'll let the windows users have their own mess of thread.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-27 at 05:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not showing the BackUp Images for me...

Green Apple
    Thanks

it may sound strang, but i have no idea what BSD or SSH is!! ;*(

coul anybody help?!?

this only works using a mac...?? do you know a way to do all that using windows..?

Thanks

God damnit newbie........

can this also be done with iphonebrowser? it works best for me WinSCP works sometimes & sometimes it don't for me.

omg you rule!! i'm SO glad i found this post. i've been trying to get customize to work on 1.1.3 forever now! i'm glad this works.

the only thing i noticed different though that didn't work in the terminal and popped up an error message was what you said to copy and paste: ssh -l root 192.168.1.* ...but after reading a second time i realize that the * is meant to replace your IP.

anyways, what i had to do to avoid the error message was not put the * and just put the IP, though some may get confused with this, especially since people following this most likely don't know anything about terminal (like myself, i just figured that out because i've accessed my iPhone through the terminal before similarly for a different reason and picked up on what i could remember).

so no * people if you're having any trouble.

i followed the rest and it works perfectly! thanks for the post. i rated it 5 stars and clicked 'thanks'. i appreciate it!

thanks, worked like a charm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekologik View Post
    omg you rule!! i'm SO glad i found this post. i've been trying to get customize to work on 1.1.3 forever now! i'm glad this works.

the only thing i noticed different though that didn't work in the terminal and popped up an error message was what you said to copy and paste: ssh -l root 192.168.1.* ...but after reading a second time i realize that the * is meant to replace your IP.

anyways, what i had to do to avoid the error message was not put the * and just put the IP, though some may get confused with this, especially since people following this most likely don't know anything about terminal (like myself, i just figured that out because i've accessed my iPhone through the terminal before similarly for a different reason and picked up on what i could remember).

so no * people if you're having any trouble.

i followed the rest and it works perfectly! thanks for the post. i rated it 5 stars and clicked 'thanks'. i appreciate it!
    pssssst - it says in the OP not to use the * and to use your IP.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    customize 2.0 beta is out

www.customizeapp.com

Hey People!
    So I am trying to change the battery images but I can't find the corresponding folder in the Customize app. to put them in... The only folders are bin, files, icons, and settings with no sub-folders...
    I am using Cyberduck and Fugu
    FW: 1.1.4
    computer: Mac

Great tutorial btw one1

thanks in adv.

Just get Customize 2.0 Beta

It owns the other Customizes by a long shot

Quote Originally Posted by ragulla View Post
    ok.. terminal part i get this ssh: Error resolving hostname 10.0.1.194*: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    when i am trying to conect. What now?
    Use 10.0.1.194 don't put the * in there.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    That's not an IP address.(Not for the phone anyway) phones on wifi have 192.168.1.X
    Not true. Home networks can be in the 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255, 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 range. Most home networks use the 192 range because that's what linksys, and d-stink use.
    Last edited by barry99705; 2008-05-01 at 08:43 PM.

PLZ!!! Reply Anyone know a good source or download (link) for customize stuff because im really happy i have it, but what's the use if u can't change anything.
    Plz post.

Quote Originally Posted by drosera View Post
    Hey People!
    So I am trying to change the battery images but I can't find the corresponding folder in the Customize app. to put them in... The only folders are bin, files, icons, and settings with no sub-folders...
    I am using Cyberduck and Fugu
    FW: 1.1.4
    computer: Mac

Great tutorial btw one1

thanks in adv.
    i'm in the same boat.
    i have some sliders and battery sets i can manually install through ssh; but no folders exist..?!?

as well if i download something from installer it just changes things straight away and i can't change them back..
    help!?

ok im going to put it plain and simple... i dont understand a whole lot of what yall are talking about, im computer retarded compared to yall...

i have a 16gb iphone firmware 1.1.4 unlocked through ziphone and very few of the apps will download and when i try customize it gives me an error message stating i need firmware 1.1.(123) anyone got any tips? in english please lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast