Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (OS X) THE IDIOTS GUIDE to **CUSTOMIZE** on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default THE IDIOTS GUIDE to **CUSTOMIZE** on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4
    HOW ABOUT A NICE SHORT AND SWEET GUIDE LIKE THIS FOR US wINDOWS BASE USER WITH IPHONES? i CANT SEEMTO GET THIS CUSTOMIZE CRAP WORKIN, ALL IS DOES IS JUMPS BACK TO THE HOMESCREEN!
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman

works for me on a 16GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPhone

Thanks again!

Thanks! even works for jailbroken with ziphone 2.5c!

Well, still the same thing. Not sure what I have conflicting, but something is. Looks like it works, but when I go in to the sounds menu, and then to a particular system sound to change it, for example - the sms received sound, It still just shuts down to the home screen. Is there someplace where errors get logged?
    Running 1.1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by thms7722 View Post
    Hey great job!!!! One question though this installer doesn't include the carrier image option or am I missing something?
    Yeah, I don't see it either.

so correct me if i'm wrong, customize will not allow us to change any dock options right? and also the carrier logo correct?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

can anyone help we with the custom dialpad functionality. Everything works except I cant see the option to change the dialer screen. (i don't mean the keypad, that works). I used to be able to see it after I had manually changed the dialer screen but that was several Restores ago. Is there a way to make it work without doing that?

I did exactly what was described here using Transmit, and I can see the Customize App on my iPhone at least with Transmit, but I don't see it on the iPhone itself. I see two copies of Customize one says Old. However, when I try to Install it with Installer, I get a message saying "This version of Customize requires Firmware 1,1 (123)"

I am running 1.1.4

Thanks for your help

PS. Can you tell I'm new to this? If I installed it via SSH on the phone, I don't need to run Installer DUH. Never did SSH in my life before, and have the iPhone for 3 days. Sorry.

Ok, I can see Customize and all the options, but none of them have any choices. So I go into WiFI Images for example, nothing there, same goesBars Images andall other options? System Sounds are there, Springboard Strings are there. Do I need to be adding this icons or graphics myself?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by naftalim; 2008-03-13 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Add photo

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

so lemme see if i get thi stragiht. THERE NO WAY I CAN CHANGE MY DOCKS.......lol/*tear(iloved changing my docks)......curently running 1.1.4 unlocked&jailbroken(thanks zibri)

i have a quick question thou......i got customize on my 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbroken iphone...and i got some dock into customize via iphonebrowser...i selected a dock to appear on the screen....but it does nothing.....as i read here it says it just wont work...but the strange thing is...when i turn off my phone and turn it back on, the dock that i selected appears as the main dock for a few seconds until the phone loads up completley......WHY? Mthis is drving me crazy...it ap[pears but then goes away...i also have summerboard, any relation?

thanx ppl!
    Last edited by mallenass; 2008-03-16 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it won't open...

man i hate 4icon dock 5 is so good

but any way any budy know how to get terminal vt1oo app password??

I've installed it on (2) 1.1.4 iphones.
    I can launch it on both and see the menus but when I click on each selection, it's empty. When I fugu into the phone under mobile/Library/Customize I only have 5 folders and nothing else.. no Battery folder or dock folder or anything..
    On both phones...
    If I create a Battery... (whatever the proper name is) folder and put a modded battery in there, it doesn't show up in Customize..

Any help appreciated... Thanks.

can't get past chicken screen on 114 with custom customize..

Most of the goodies from the installer work great. but a few such as audioamp give me the "error Firmware 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 is required to install audioamp" my phone is running version 1.1.3(4a93) does that mean firmware 1.1.3? sorry not a tech guy. also how can i use all my mp3s as ringtones?

Thanks

you can use mp3s as ringtones by shortening them to 30 second clips and renaming them with the extension to .m4r

also you can use sendsong to convert your songs to ringtones
    Last edited by desepticon; 2008-03-19 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in the terminal when i put in my ip then hit enter and it says password i cant enter anything... it wont let me type anything in

Thanks

you cant see it type the password but it does work. just enter "alpine" and press return
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

New iphone 1.1.4

Used ZiPhone 2.5 and cant get the mail or some other application to work.. It doesn't seem to open it when I tap the mail icon.. Any ideas out there?

men i did it every thing but customize edoesnt open it opens and then go offffff!
    on 1.1.4
    dit everything i have the icon and all of these but i cant do it men it stays on the spicy chicken for a while and then pufffff on the springboard
    i turn the phone off ike 3 4 times and nothing happens

yes yes yes men problem solved i redo the process allllll again and haha i have a full
    working customize
    THANKS MEN
    Last edited by apizuorno54; 2008-03-23 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Having problems... downloaded skylars modified customize file... Used Iphonebrowser ( as i have a weird wired to wireless wifi setup) installed Customize.app into /Applications. Tried to open customise and phone reset. I then Fully rebooted phone and have tried 5 times to launch the app. I see the Spicy chicken logo and then the iphone goes back to the dashboard (

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast