Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (OS X) THE IDIOTS GUIDE to **CUSTOMIZE** on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hamfast View Post
    No luck. I use Fugu and deleted all the customize folders I could find. (var/applications/customize AND var/mobile/library/customize) Couldn't find any other files.
    Hard reset is needed to get Customize icon to show for the 1st time. Customize crashes on multiple attempts. Re-hardset to no avail.

Any suggestions?
    Then you have a major conflict, restore the phone. I upgraded to 1.1.4 and restored, then jailbroke on ziphone. Absolutely the most stable firmware I have ever had, zero crashes.
    can anyone get the system sounds to work? i've tried but have been unsuccessful on 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziphone 2.5.
    all mine work perfectly.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-06 at 11:01 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

hamfast (2008-03-07)

damn the link doesnt work anymore. has somebody the app and could upload it?
    A*obe CS3 by ubik "teh CS3 iPhone theme":
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48371

My FW way:
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 locked ->1.0.2 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 JB/unlocked. ->1.1.2 JB/locked fxxcked up not booting ->
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.2 JB/unlocked ->update to 1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked fxxcked up, spinning wheel of death ->
    restore 1.1.3-> 1.1.3 JB/unlocked.

Thanks

Alright that's it, i'm not playing musical fKing links with Skylar every 2 days. unzip this file and use it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-07 at 04:35 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

screamforme02 (2008-05-27)

I tried this, and I can open Customize no problem.

But nothing seems to work.

Only two things I really need, and that's the dock replacement with the Leopard style background instead og the steel grid. And to put text messaging in place of Mail in the dock.

How is this done? I followed you guide but it doesn't seem to work at all.

Thanks

THANKS A LOT, for 2 night im trying to make my CUsTOMIZE work, now its working flalessly.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Hello,

I am new to all of this, but have gotten everything to work up to step 6. What does the "Terminal Application" mean? I am on a windows (vista) by the way. I skipped the step and now it keep crashing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

-Adam.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krislicoque View Post
    I tried this, and I can open Customize no problem.

But nothing seems to work.

Only two things I really need, and that's the dock replacement with the Leopard style background instead og the steel grid. And to put text messaging in place of Mail in the dock.

How is this done? I followed you guide but it doesn't seem to work at all.
    permissions are not set correctly, do the terminal steps again.

Hello,

I am new to all of this, but have gotten everything to work up to step 6. What does the "Terminal Application" mean? I am on a windows (vista) by the way. I skipped the step and now it keep crashing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

-Adam.
    The title said (MAC) in it before someone edited it. This is for MAC.

I don't want another cluttered thread with two different OS's in it trying to be discussed. That's why no one ever gets anything accomplished around here and we have a panicked state if confusion. One thread for ONE OS where things go smooth and people can get help. If someone wants a windows thread they should start a DIY for that because I can't help which is why the title said MAC in it to begin with.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-07 at 11:29 PM.

No I set the permissions correctly.

I used your commands, nothing is working. It just soft-reboots and everything remains unchanged.

Why is that?

Thanks

You have a conflict, restore to 1.1.4 and break with ziphone.

FYI...Caterpillar now has the 5 dock option and it works great.

One1 ...You sir, are chock full of awesome. As advertised, this worked perfectly. I just breezed through it on PC. (using Putty and WinSCP).
    Danke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    FOR MAC

***Subnote ***To eliminate earlier rumors about Ziphone compatibility I did a complete restore on my iPhone to 1.1.4 and broke it open with ziphone's latest version. Works flawlessly.***

Ok, no matter how many times it has been said how to make it work, people still screw it up. If you do it exactly like this, IT WILL WORK FLAWLESSLY.

(1). Make sure you have BSD and SSH installed on your phone. If you have one, you have the other ....and you likely already have this since it is the first thing most people install when they jailbreak and start using installer.

(2). Download Skylar's hacked version of customize here and unzip it: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1204904096

(3). Open Transmit or Cyberduck and log in to your iphone using SSH. (name:ROOT pass:ALPINE) To find out what your IP number is for your phone, simply go into your phone settings>wifi>*select your router using the blue arrow*- it will show you your IP addy..... write that down. Also while you are in settings, set your autolock to NEVER.

(4). Now that you are logged in through SSH using Cyberduck or Transmit, go to /APPLICATIONS and click the arrow to expand the applications folder.

(5). Locate the customize application on your HD and drag it inside the iphone applications folder in SSH.

(6). Now, open your terminal application on your MAC. Copy this and paste it into the terminal: ssh -l root 192.168.1.* replace the numbers with your IP that you wrote down earlier and used to log into SSH with. You will be asked for your user name and password. They are the same as was told you to before in step 3.

Once you are logged into the phone in terminal, (if you do not get an error you are logged in) simply copy and paste the following:

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app

HIT ENTER

/bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

HIT ENTER

(7). Close the terminal window, you are done. Try to open Customize, it will likely crash on the first open. Now completely turn your phone off by holding the top key until you get the "slide to turn off" option and do so.

(8). Turn your phone back on. Try to open customize again. It might crash on the first try, but should pick up on the next try.

Congrats, you now have a fully working version of Customize. Go get some goodies from the installer. You can install directly from the installer without having to move anything you downloaded into other folders or chmod anything. It will work FLAWLESSLY.
    THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION that i tried and work perfectly . THANKS
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

johnnyhigh (2008-03-10), slade (2008-03-20)

Thanks

In my original post I used a brand new 1.1.3 phone with a 4.6 BL

Just for kicks I decided to restore my 1.1.1 OTB to 1.1.3 with a 3.9 BL and do this.

The result was the same, absolutely flawless operation so there is NO EXCUSE for it not working for anyone. If it doesn't work and you are CERTAIN you followed the instructions, restore your phone, you have a conflict.

I have now done it with two completely different phones. My 1.1.1 OTB is a 4g and my 1.1.3 OTB is an 8g

1.1.1 OTB > 1.1.3 3.9 BL

1.1.3 OTB > 1.1.4 4.6 BL

Both work flawless.

http://danimator2000.googlepages.com/repo.xml

Add this to your installer...

This has the latest customize of course there is also instructions and its working fine but adding some icons on the dock still is not working

Instructions
    http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=41414

Thanks danimator for doing such work for it...
    Last edited by ryane516; 2008-03-08 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Added some notes

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ryane516 For This Useful Post:

slade (2008-03-20)

Quote Originally Posted by ryane516 View Post

This has the latest customize of course there is also instructions and its working fine but adding some icons on the dock still is not working

Instructions

this works perfectly...however i did notice one thing...the ability to change the chat bubbles are now gone...the folders to put the images are still there, just the menu in UI is gone...

i wonder if Danimator is working to fix that

^Nice

Umm, is repo is down...UGH, this is frustrating. Where's the Customizer in installer? No one seems to have it....

Thanks

Sorry this threads purpose is how to properly get a FULLY WORKING customize, not how to get crap half working.

You can take that and have yourself a new thread titled "this only half works, but it works"

What we are doing in this thread is a flawless execution within the limits of the program.

If anyone wants to know how to do it the half azz but easy way, get out of this thread. It only took me 3 minutes to do the second phone.

I just wanna clarify that I am trying to keep this thread to fully working status. Doing things the wrong way irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by ryane516 View Post

Instructions

Last edited by one1; 2008-03-09 at 12:17 AM.

Ok. I'm having a bit of trouble too: first: which version of customize still had the option to add a fifth dock icon on firmware 1.1.2? And second: do customize versions 1.21 and 1.22 still work on firmware 1.1.2?

Great write-up it works literally flawlessly

Hey great job!!!! One question though this installer doesn't include the carrier image option or am I missing something?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast