Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Calendar 1.0b Beta Test

Where can you download LockInfo?

Quote Originally Posted by Xandu View Post
    Why doesn't mine work anymore? It says No Calendar Entries on the lockscreen.. .

Also in the Lock Calendar Settings it says Calendars 1, and when you open that there's a Calendar switch which is unavailable..

Any help?
    What do you have you Max Interval setting at? If it's set to One Week, and you don't have any entries through the end of the week (I'll assume that's Saturday), then it's correct in displaying No Calendar Entries. Try playing with that setting in combination with Max Entries to see how it works.

As far as the unavailable calendar switch, that's correct. The switch is disabled because you only have one calendar. If you had more than one calendar, then you'd be able to disable/enable them as you wish.

I've officially released Lock Calendar 1.0 in Cydia. For those of you who are running 0.3, you should see the update. However, if you manually installed 1.0b, then you'll need to uninstall it before you can install 1.0.

Thomas Moore (volatile-dev)
    Last edited by volatile-dev; 2009-04-09 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, that's weird.
    I've set the time interval to maximum (which is six months) and it only displayed one event which is occurs on May 7, 2009.
    I have appointments everyday and it didn't display them !!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Where can you download LockInfo?

It looks like its a bunch of mods on some forum.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by volatile-dev View Post
    .... For those of you who are running 0.3, you should see the update. However, if you manually installed 1.0b, then you'll need to uninstall it before you can install 1.0....(volatile-dev)
    Are they the same? (1.0b and 1.0)?
    Do you recommend we manually uninstall 1.0b and install 1.0 via Cydia?

Tried that. I even tried deleting the Calendar db and making a new one. No Calendar Entries. How do I reset the Lock Calendar settings? I tried removing and reinstalling...
    Try install 1.0 from Cydia. Uninstall the 1.0b (beta) as I also have similar problem before but couldn't recall if the re-sync solve the problem during 1.0b time. Currently the official 1.0 from Cydia works for mine.

spec: iPhone 3G 2.2.1 firmware

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

wish this worked on 3.0

Alright I fixed it !! When you uninstall the settings are not removed. I had to remove them manually. Also to avoid this DO NOT tap the Calendar bar in the settings..

Thanks all for the help.

1.0 seems to be completely DOA for me. All I get is "No Calendar Entries."

I've tried several things including resyncing, resyncing replacing calendars, adjusting selected calendars, max entries, and interval, remove and reinstall, remove, delete plist file, and reinstall. Not sure what else to try.

I have a 3g with 2.2, used pwnagetool to break, started using lockcalendar at v .1, maybe .2. Upgraded each time, never reinstall. Eight calendars, all but one are subscribed to remote calendars on ical. I didn't see anything useful in the console log. Other Mobile Substrate apps I'm using are winterboard, and ilocalis. Any other details that might be pertinent?

jsnider, read my post, you need to remove the lock calendar settings from your iPhone since they got messed up. You can do that using Total Commander and using the Find(Ctrl+F) tool to erase any Lock Calendar trace and reinstall it in cydia.

Cheers,
    Xandu.

Xandu, are you referring to the preferences file located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.volatile-dev.LockCalendar.plist? If so, I did already do as you suggest to no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    1.0 seems to be completely DOA for me. All I get is "No Calendar Entries."

I've tried several things including resyncing, resyncing replacing calendars, adjusting selected calendars, max entries, and interval, remove and reinstall, remove, delete plist file, and reinstall. Not sure what else to try.

I have a 3g with 2.2, used pwnagetool to break, started using lockcalendar at v .1, maybe .2. Upgraded each time, never reinstall. Eight calendars, all but one are subscribed to remote calendars on ical. I didn't see anything useful in the console log. Other Mobile Substrate apps I'm using are winterboard, and ilocalis. Any other details that might be pertinent?
    jsnider,

I've sent you a PM requesting some information I need to help identify the problem you're having.

Thomas

Thomas helped me figure out what was wrong. You know "that guy" who doesn't read the previous posts and asks dumb questions about stuff that was already answered if only he had paid attention? Yo. Right here.

The meaning of Max Interval has changed from version .3 to 1.0. In .3, "One Week" = 7 days. In 1.0, "One Week" = From now until the end of the week. Thomas explained that in a previous post, and I would have sworn that I had tried setting that to two weeks and still got nothing.

I think it's possible I tried that before clearing my settings as Xandu suggested. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Anyway, it works fine now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyecandy View Post
    maybe i am blind, but i cannot find the settings. where are they located?
    Same thing here. I uninstalled. Rebooted. Reinstalled. No settings.

this is one of the more useful apps IMO. I love this app! great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Are they the same? (1.0b and 1.0)?
    Do you recommend we manually uninstall 1.0b and install 1.0 via Cydia?
    Ditto - is there any reason to remove 1.0b and install 1.0 from Cydia?
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

Thanks

I got it working. I installed something else and suddenly the setting was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol1 View Post
    Ditto - is there any reason to remove 1.0b and install 1.0 from Cydia?
    I've added a few small changes to 1.0 from 1.0b, so please uninstall 1.0b and install 1.0 from Cydia.

The other issue with having 1.0b installed is that you won't see any future updates for Lock Calendar in Cydia.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volatile-dev For This Useful Post:

Mes (2009-04-16), Pistol1 (2009-04-16), tonkajds (2009-05-07)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by volatile-dev View Post
    I've added a few small changes to 1.0 from 1.0b, so please uninstall 1.0b and install 1.0 from Cydia.

The other issue with having 1.0b installed is that you won't see any future updates for Lock Calendar in Cydia.
    Thanks Thomas.

For debs you manually installed and don't show up in Cydia ... this is how to remove them .... use the -r switch. IE:

to remove: dpkg -r lockcalendar
    to purge (remove and delete all settings): dpkg -P lockcalendar

BTW: dpkg --get-selections returns a list of all the installed packages. Use that name to remove or purge. ie: to manually install lockcalendar 1.0, 'dpkg -i lockcalendar_1.0.deb'; to remove it use: 'dkpg -r lockcalendar'
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-04-16 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Thanks Thomas.

BTW: For those who don't know how to manually remove a .deb.... use the -r switch. IE:

to remove: dpkg -r lockcalendar
    to purge (remove and delete all settings): dpkg -P lockcalendar

BTW: dpkg --get-selections returns a list of all the installed packages. Use that name to remove or purge. ie: to manually install lockcalendar 1.0, 'dpkg -i lockcalendar_1.0.deb'; to remove it use: 'dkpg -r lockcalendar'
    You can also go into Cydia, choose Manage, and select Packages. Then scroll down to Lock Calendar, select it, click Modify in the upper right corner, and choose Remove.

Thomas

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast