Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Calendar 1.0b Beta Test

Cool. Thanks for the update, Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    On a Windows computer, download http://www.volatile-dev.com/LockCale...endar_1.0b.deb to your computer. Open your SSH client (like WinSCP), Copy the downloaded file to your phone (any place, just remember where it is). Navigate to the folder on the iPhone where you downloaded the file. Then Commands/Open Terminal, enter command "dpkg -i lockcalendar_1.0b.deb". This will install lockcalendar. Then enter command "killall SpringBoard" ..... OR .... log-off WinSCP and reboot or respring. Both will accomplish the same thing.

Done It's now OK to delete lockcalendar_1.0b.deb. deb file no longer needed.
    hi there,

i SSH the file to my iphone, then open mobileterminal

i type 'dpkg -i lockcalendar_1.0b.deb' but it says requested operation requires superuser priv,
    then i type sudo dpkg -i lockcalendar_1.0b.deb, it says command not found

any idea why??

having read the entire thread, i didn't realize sudo is su for iphone either. it's working great!!
    Last edited by sfaguy; 2009-03-25 at 09:15 PM.

I don't believe the iphone has sudo - use su:

su root

the default password is alpine if you've not already changed it - then run the commands in the first thread

thank you for providing the password for su, i am sure some people do not know that.

i set the Max Interval to ONE WEEK, however the entries does not scroll down. Anyone else has the same problem?

Any idea when this will be out of beta and on Cydia?

iPhone? More like MyPhone PEakaS's Avatar
    Thanks

About compatibility with QuickSMS - i thought we fix this bug. In future all must work good.

But we also release QuickBirthday. Anyone who want to see what is, can look this tread

I just noticed the other day that when the max interval is set to one month, it literally only shows entries in the current calendar month - which seems less useful than showing entries in the next 30 days. After all, when there are only two days of March left with no entries, but tons in early April, Lock Calendar displaying nothing isn't great!

I've just changed it to max interval - three months and max entries - twenty five though, which effectively solves the problem, so no biggie.
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

maybe i am blind, but i cannot find the settings. where are they located?

Quote Originally Posted by eyecandy View Post
    maybe i am blind, but i cannot find the settings. where are they located?
    In your Iphone/Ipod settings

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol1 View Post
    I just noticed the other day that when the max interval is set to one month, it literally only shows entries in the current calendar month - which seems less useful than showing entries in the next 30 days. After all, when there are only two days of March left with no entries, but tons in early April, Lock Calendar displaying nothing isn't great!

I've just changed it to max interval - three months and max entries - twenty five though, which effectively solves the problem, so no biggie.
    I hope that volatile-dev will do something, because that is the only negative point of this calendar!

Quote Originally Posted by Profete162 View Post
    In your Iphone/Ipod settings
    maybe in your iphone settings, mine do not show any lock calendar settings

Quote Originally Posted by eyecandy View Post
    maybe in your iphone settings, mine do not show any lock calendar settings
    Reinstall. It should be listed right before the rest of the 3rd-party app settings.

Yes it should be there. If you are using version .2 or the latest 1.0. I think the very first version .1 did not have any settings, but that was a couple of months ago.

Open Settings....scroll down below wifi, general etc. Like he said, right above the other settings menu items for your other 3rd party apps like reqal, etc.

Oh, thanks god you haven't adandonded this project!..

You know, I tried to use LockInfo thingy from maccthemes, but turned out that it takes a lot of memory. So I had to look for other ways to put calendar on my lock screen. And so I found Lock Calendar.

It's great (0.3) but definitely lacks good looks. I wish I could customize it to look like this:

First line - day, and then events with a little indent.

Anyway, I see you're working on it. I can't wait for release!

By the way - if you need any graphics like icons of smth - I could help you, I guess.

Also, I can translate config into Russian. Would you send whatever you need to translate to asmodeus.dhoine @ gmail.com? I'll take any format.

Thanks again for great app!

May I also suggest that you don't dim the entire screen but only calendar area? And it'd be nice to see numeric values for font sizes and transparency, too And more shades of gray
    Last edited by asmodeus_dhoine; 2009-04-03 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lock Calendar could suddenly become very popular with a lot of dissatisfied Intelliscreen customers...
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

Why doesn't mine work anymore? It says No Calendar Entries on the lockscreen.. .

Also in the Lock Calendar Settings it says Calendars 1, and when you open that there's a Calendar switch which is unavailable..

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by asmodeus_dhoine View Post
    Oh, thanks god you haven't adandonded this project!..

You know, I tried to use LockInfo thingy from maccthemes, but turned out that it takes a lot of memory. So I had to look for other ways to put calendar on my lock screen. And so I found Lock Calendar.

It's great (0.3) but definitely lacks good looks. I wish I could customize it to look like this:

First line - day, and then events with a little indent.

Anyway, I see you're working on it. I can't wait for release!

By the way - if you need any graphics like icons of smth - I could help you, I guess.

Also, I can translate config into Russian. Would you send whatever you need to translate to asmodeus.dhoine @ gmail.com? I'll take any format.

Thanks again for great app!

May I also suggest that you don't dim the entire screen but only calendar area? And it'd be nice to see numeric values for font sizes and transparency, too And more shades of gray

Lockinfo is a great alternative to lockcalendar. I still prefer Lockcalendar, but Lockinfo is still dangerous for you... We have 2 very good applications in front of us.

Lockalendar is still the best because of the appearence and the easy way to customize it.

The note or Todo List seems to be a very hard thing to import to these calendars.. I think the first that release a version including notes will be my choice!

Thank U for u great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandu View Post
    Why doesn't mine work anymore? It says No Calendar Entries on the lockscreen.. .

Also in the Lock Calendar Settings it says Calendars 1, and when you open that there's a Calendar switch which is unavailable..

Any help?
    Try to re-sync your iPhone with iTune again. That should solve the issue. From what I could see the update to version 1 somehow wipe the copy of data that contains the lock calendar info.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjaya View Post
    Try to re-sync your iPhone with iTune again. That should solve the issue. From what I could see the update to version 1 somehow wipe the copy of data that contains the lock calendar info.
    Tried that. I even tried deleting the Calendar db and making a new one. No Calendar Entries. How do I reset the Lock Calendar settings? I tried removing and reinstalling...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Wow. What programs make this happen?

EDIT: Nevermind. Lockinfo.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast