Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App in both Cydia AND App Store?

Default App in both Cydia AND App Store?
    I recently downloaded an app called Discover from Cydia. I am in the Apple Store right now, and right above me is a picture containing the apps icon. Imagine my surprise. So I go on the App Store and, behold, there it is. I tried to install it...but it tried overwriting the Cydia one!

Any idea what's going on???

are you saying that there is an app that you downloaded in cydia but you also see it in the app store? if so is this cydia one legal?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Discover is in both Cydia and the App Store. Like I said, I noticed it because I have the Cydia one installed, then today at the Apple Store I was looking at the big poster thing they have on the wall with the iPhone and all of the app icons, and I saw the Discover icon and i was like WTF???? So I went on the App Store, and there it was. Then I tried installing it and the phone tried overwriting the Cydia one!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Its signed by the Dev team
    I have it and in itunes it had an upgrade was available and then it showed it was already installed? Wierd
    My signiture? Whats that...............

the dev probably put it on cydia before the appstore accepted it

just contact him if you are that interested... its hosted by modmyi so i would imagine that pf knows

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

The Cydia version can access your full filesystem - the AppStore version is restricted to the sandbox Apple allows. They are from the same author.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews