Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone modem, PDAnet + PS3

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^thats a cool idea

Quote Originally Posted by blankito350 View Post
    its unlimited... i dont think they will be warn you for tons of gigabyte usage... if they do that, acuse them on the court... u will win the case
    it's happened to many people, so it's a confirmed fact. The small print in the contract allows them to do this, so you will NOT win in court.

Thanks

In the fine print it mentions a 5 GB Cap

thats the "unlimited" data limit? 5gb after that usage ull be charge for extra data?!!

Thanks

Unlimited Data! (up to 5GB)

In the UK, you don't get charged for going over your cap, but repeatedly using more than the "fair use" policy will get you a warning and further going over will get a fixed cap or suspension of service.

Thanks

I really don't know what would happen if you went over because I have never come close to 5GB on my phone. I rarely tether because most things I can do on my phone.

Well I just received my first bill and I used 7.4 gigs (thanks to pdanet ) as you can see in the attached pic they do not charge me extra, this means you can use more than 5gb without worrying about extra data charges
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -7gigs.jpg  

Thanks

^ HAHA Go for 10 next month!

I already got 2.5 in less than 2 weeks, lets see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    Well I just received my first bill and I used 7.4 gigs (thanks to pdanet ) as you can see in the attached pic they do not charge me extra, this means you can use more than 5gb without worrying about extra data charges
    Wow. You TOTALLY misunderstood. No one even suggested that there would be a penalty, fine, fee, or any kind of extra charge. What there will be is a WARNING. If you don't heed the warning, THEN there will be a non-monetary penalty: CUT-OFF.

No one is saying that the limit is set-in-stone 5GB either. Of course, the ball is in AT&T's court. They can set the limit at 5GB one year and 10GB the next. Considering that there is a rumored Hulu app on the way that works over 3G/Edge, I suspect that it will be raised, if it hasn't already. Obviously, usage and need evolve, hence broadband and future home Internet connection technologies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12