Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Info with SwirlyMMS and AT&T

Default Info with SwirlyMMS and AT&T
    Hey people. I have done alot of searching and i couldnt find my answer so i decided to ask here.
    First of all I HAVE MY SWIRLYMMS WORKING! I have had the 30.00 Family Messaging Unlimited for a long time before i even got my iPhone. It was rather straight-forward getting swirly MMS to work. I just installed it, picked settings, and it worked fine!
    But I have heard stories of people that got it to work but then AT&T turned off the MMS. Is this possible? Im worried about this happening to me. Is there anything I can do so they will not find my iPhone or turn off MMS?

Yes. Be vewwwy, vewwwy quiet about it.

try to follow my instructions on this thread:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...g-u-s-att.html

note: when you call, make sure you are NOT calling 611. they dont know anything and are robots. Also, don't mention mms, or any of that when speaking.

I had no problems calling 611 or calling the direct number. I actually found that calling the tier 1 techs was just as helpful as speaking to tier 2. The trick was to tell them what you needed, not ask them for help. If you ask for help they look around to try to help you and find you have an iphone. If you tell them you need certain things done, they'll do them without asking too many questions. Once Tier 1 can no longer help you then simply get transfered to Tier 2 and do the same thing. Tell them what you need, don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by crashspeeder View Post
    I had no problems calling 611 or calling the direct number. I actually found that calling the tier 1 techs was just as helpful as speaking to tier 2. The trick was to tell them what you needed, not ask them for help. If you ask for help they look around to try to help you and find you have an iphone. If you tell them you need certain things done, they'll do them without asking too many questions. Once Tier 1 can no longer help you then simply get transfered to Tier 2 and do the same thing. Tell them what you need, don't ask.
    The super trick is to tell them that you need to add (MSG1 for 200 text MSG2 for 1500 MSG3 for unlim) as opposed to iphone text messaging plan