Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to disable themes for Dock (program)?

Default Any way to disable themes for Dock (program)?
    Hey Guys,

So I've got dock on my phone (which is one of the most awesome apps ever btw) and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it so themes don't apply when viewing apps in the dock menu?

The reason I ask is because I like having nothing on my springboard, so I'm using invisible icons for all my apps, but then of course, they're also invisible icons in the dock menu--meaning I can only see the app names currently.

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation

EDIT: While we're on the topic of dock, does anyone know if it's possible to create different icons for the categories you create within dock?
    Last edited by adamnur; 2009-02-24 at 08:35 AM.

no

ironically that was just recently built in so that themes apply in there too

you can actually hide everything with poof but i suggest that you leave poof unhidden and just put a transparent icon on it.

this way you wont have to worry abou skinnig all your apps and you wont have the worry of somthing crashing eventually ( which is why you are leaving poof behind)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

adamnur (2009-02-24)

gotcha, thanks for the reply.

However, does dock still show apps hidden via poof?

Also, I've steered clear of poof ever since it started crashing last time I used it, leaving some apps hidden. I had to ssh and delete the extensions to bring them back...but maybe that was just me.

Edit: Just tested it out, and it does work with Poof...I thought I'd read somewhere that it didn't. I'll continue to use poof until (hopefully it won't) it crashes the next time

Thanks for the tip

EDIT: While we're on the topic of dock, does anyone know if it's possible to create different icons for the categories you create within dock?
    Last edited by adamnur; 2009-02-24 at 08:35 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

u tried using the poof ability in boss status-menu? one less app to worry about and dont need to make it invisible cos its only there when u swipe across the top.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

I didn't know about that app...what's it called in cydia? Or are you referring to bossprefs?

Still, anyone know about categories in dock?
    Last edited by adamnur; 2009-02-25 at 01:58 AM.

well you can make new categories in it so i would imagine that the icons are kept either in the app folder, or in var/mobile/library in the dock folder(if there is one)

if they are then just find the one you want to replace and then replace it named the same thing

i think he means for you to use the one in sbsettings but i wouldnt do that because if it suddenly decides to crash (with all of those extensions running it is bound to happen) you will have nothing to help you out of safe mode. if that does happen by the way, just unhide an app to respring

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    Sure you can. On your phone, navigate to /Applications/dock2prefs.app/icons/ and just paste/overwrite whatever icons you like. But remember to backup your personalized icons, because the directory gets overwritten, if you upgrade to a future version.

Putting this directory to /var/mobile/Library definitely would have been a better way
    Last edited by Enkidu; 2009-02-25 at 06:11 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Enkidu For This Useful Post:

adamnur (2009-02-25)

Worked like a charm. Thanks!
    Last edited by adamnur; 2009-02-25 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost