Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Discover 1.0.7 not running

Default Discover 1.0.7 not running
    Hello all, this is my first post on modmyi so i'd like to begin by saying hihi.

Anyway I love the discover app from the appstore and when i saw that it had been released on the modmyi repo in cydia i jumped at the chance to have the same app junning from the jailbroken app root. I couldnt stand having to copy files with finder to the app directory lost somewhere in /var/mobile/applications.

Anyways now i have it installed and Discover wont launch properly. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting reinstalling etc.. any other ideas would be great... it loads the first screen where it says mobii-**.com or something then crashes to springboard.

i have never used it from cydia but it sounds like the permissions are wrong

they should be set to 0755

just set perms to 0777 on discover.app folder recursively.. made no difference. anyone else tried this app off cydia?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Just tested it on two phones - working fine. Seems like something else is your issue.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Just tested it on two phones - working fine. Seems like something else is your issue.
    Any difference compared to the App Store app? Can it read more file formats, or what? What's the point of having it in both App Store (for free) and on Cydia (for free)? The root issue of the first poster seems irrelevant to me. The most efficient way of reading the files is off Discover itself (because if the issue is only file transfer, then there is SSH or Fetch or you name it, who cares about Discover)
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

hmmm works for another phone ay... maybe theres some old files laying around from the appstore version thats screwing it up. Ill do a find -iname and see what i can find. Also the reason i want the jailbreak version is so i can chuck whatever files into discover and xfer phone to phone rather than using finder to do it.... makes sense to me.

well i found a Discover folder in /var/mobile/Library and deleted that... uninstalled from cydia, rebooted and reinstalled

still doesnt work.... any other ideas would be appreciated
    Last edited by chican3; 2009-02-23 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    Any difference compared to the App Store app? Can it read more file formats, or what? What's the point of having it in both App Store (for free) and on Cydia (for free)? The root issue of the first poster seems irrelevant to me. The most efficient way of reading the files is off Discover itself (because if the issue is only file transfer, then there is SSH or Fetch or you name it, who cares about Discover)
    App Store version is a normal version and can only access files in sandbox. While cydia version can change root path so that you can access all files in iphone. Default root path is ~, i.e., /var/mobile, and you can change root path in settings.

For file transfer, and you are right that there are many methods to do so. Discover integrate many things, not just file transfer, but file viewing, file sharing, remote file management (mobileme, box.net, discover server, etc.)
    Last edited by stubma; 2009-02-23 at 05:48 AM.

thanks for confirming my beliefs... but still i can't use the bloody thing... surely theres something else i can try without restoring my phone... i really don't want to just for this app