Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Dock" app on 1.1.3 ???

Default "Dock" app on 1.1.3 ???
    I've been on a quest for the past few days, trying to get all of my apps to work that were not working when I updated to 1.1.3. At first I thought that I just had to wait for these apps to come out with updates via Installer, but the longer I waited the more I realized that either there are no updates coming out or the updates are out there just not showing up in Installer. I just figured out how to get "SMSD" and "LockBox" to work now there are only two apps that I really want to get up and running again. "Dashbuster" (I'm a blockbuster subscriber not Netflix) and "Dock". I can't find any info on either of these apps so I was just wondering if anyone was able to get "Dock" to run on 1.1.3. I tried to Install the version that's available in Installer (2.06) but that just froze up my phone. Luckily I was able to navigate back to installer and uninstall it and then everything went back to normal.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks to all that took time out to even read this thread and anyone that might be able to help.

I've been running dock on my jailbroken 1.1.3 and it works great. Maybe it has to do with the jailbreak method you used. I used ziphone to jailbreak 1.1.3 and dock works fine.

Dock works for me also, on 1.1.3.

Do you have the BSD subsystem installed? It's required for dock to work at all.

I do have BSD Subsystem installed and when I jailbroke, I did not do it the Ziphone way. I jailbroke the long way, following a thread I found here. It took forever and involved having to update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 to update the baseband then haveing to downgrade back to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak that etc....

I've heard of some apps not working on certain jailbroken 1.1.3 phones depending on the method of jailbreaking but up until this point I never had that problem.

Maybe I will install it again and see if it works. Just hope that it doesn't freeze up my phone again. (scary stuff when you have everything the way you want it and don't want to have to be forced to restore back to nothing)

Thanks again guys.

I used ZiPhone 1.0 when I went to 1.1.3, and I kept installing it until I recognized it was the reason my phone was messing up all of the time. So after about 4-5 different restores on 1.1.3, I finally stopped using it. Now Im on 1.1.4 and Dock free!