Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard/winterboard in cydia/installer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Summerboard/winterboard in cydia/installer
    Hey all, i'm new to the iphone scene (again, I have a G2 from 1.1.4 and had to cancel service shortly after, on 2.2.1 now) and i'm sure this is a question that's been asked many times, but i'm browsing on my vzw blackberry (boo!) and searching the forums is awkward at best.

I need to know if summerboard and/or winterboard can be installed through either installer or cydia. And if so, (preferably summerboard, it's what I had used when I first had my iphone. Just got used to it), can someone give me a source that has the actual app? I keep adding sources to both installer and cydia, but all I find is themes. No actual app. It's like having a sports-car with no keys. Irritating. Thanks in advance!

For winterbord go to cydia&add http://apt.saurik.com to sources...

summerboard is not compatible with FW 2.+. in order to customize your phone with themes, you need to use winterboard.

Your best bet is to use cydia. the repo, dejawoo gave you should be a default source in cydia, but if its not, you must go to "management' tab then, 'sources' then add in your source. but like i said, it should be default and you should see winterboard in cydia already, try the search tab and type in wintreboard. that should get you to it.
    Just an FYI, winterboard and summerboard, although were similar in what they do, winterboard is a much more powerful app, allowing you to do MANY MANY more things that summerboard could ever do. Unforthuately, because of this, winterboard has a tendancy to slow your phone down A LITTLE. not much, but it is noticeable.

Your best bet is just to try it out and see for your self. Just keep in mind, the more themes you add, the slower your phone becomes.

Cheers,
    MrB
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)