Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories app deleted my camera and photos icons?

Default Categories app deleted my camera and photos icons?
    Im running FM 1.1.3 jailbroken and installed categories the other night and started to organize my apps and decided that i didnt like the app so I uninstalled it and now I am missing my camera and photos icons on the springboard. I have read the thread concerning the app categories and cannot find anyone else that is have the same problems as me. I know most people are losing all icons, but I only lost two. Everything is working fine on the phone otherwise. Has anyone had this same problem? Can anyone give me some advice to get the icons back. Also, if I go to itunes and restore phone to 1.1.4 then jailbreak using 2.5 ziphone will I have problems. Do I need to uninstall all third party apps before I restore and upgrade? If i restore will it fix the missing icons? please help is possible

Thanks

You lost those two because they belong to the same App: MobileSlideShow. Did you move either Camera or Photos into Categories? You'll need to get your hands on a stock copy of M68AP.plist, I included it below.

Place it in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and then reboot the Springboard.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Yes I did move both camera and photos into a category. Ok so I just replace the existing file and reboot that is all? Can you explain to me why this happened and what needed fixed? Also I still have category app installed I thought if i reinstalled it, it might fix the missing icons. What is going to happen if i try to uninstall it again? will i lose all icons?

I replaced the existing file and restarted springboard and nothing happened. Still missing camera and photo icons. Is there anything else that I could try?
    Last edited by shoemaker3119; 2008-03-06 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

no dude al you have to do is reinstall categories and then make camera and photos unhidden and out of a category
    RY GUY!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MadMarine 525 For This Useful Post:

wudstock54 (2008-03-23)

Thanks

Send all complaints to BigBoss
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the same problem tonight. After a little searching I found a fix. If you don't already have Poof installed, install it. In Poof remove Photos from the Hidden list. If it's not listed in the hidden list, add it to the hidden list and then remove it. Worked fine for me.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LostIt For This Useful Post:

flamingsnot (2008-05-25), Ha_Xiu (2008-05-21), thebigc14 (2008-06-01)

had the same problem. but poof is only for 1.1.3. what do i do if im using 1.1.4 already?

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt View Post
    In Poof remove Photos from the Hidden list. If it's not listed in the hidden list, add it to the hidden list and then remove it. Worked fine for me.
    Thank you very much. That worked for me on 1.1.4. You rock!