Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dTunes vs. Torrentula

Default dTunes vs. Torrentula
    For those of you who have tried both, which do you prefer?

I have both & Torrentula definitely seems more convenient because it's all-in-one & you don't have to go into a separate app to actually upload the torrent, but I haven't used either enough yet to make a definitive judgement.

So which do you prefer? Aside from the convenience factor of Torrentula, do either of them have any clear advantages over the other?

both of them are used to steal music!!!

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    Thanks for your oh -so- helpful, and on topic reply. /sigh and eyeroll.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scitzofrenic For This Useful Post:

deenybird (2009-02-21), mrblader (2009-02-21)

Wow.. When did you join the prosecution team against The Pirate Bay?

Personally I'm liking torrentula more... but it's still not perfect.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

mrblader (2009-02-21)

just tried torrentula. Worked great! ctorrent needed a gui badly

i am against warez because i dont like my work stolen and neither do other developers and artists for that matter

i am against the pirate bay and all other pirate sites

END!!!

I think torrentula is the better of the 2, even though as said earlier, it still could do with a few wee changes.As for the stealing of music.....*yawn*

i am against warez because i dont like my work stolen and neither do other developers and artists for that matter

END!!!
    BLAH, BLAH, BHAH.....

Yet he has no problem with copyright infringement since APPLE has stated that it is illegal to jailbreak phones.... what a hypocrite.

if you don't have anything useful to say, don't waist peoples time and MMI's server space

Personally I like dtunes, its incorporated nicely into the great app.

PS HIM sucks!
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblader For This Useful Post:

deenybird (2009-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    BLAH, BLAH, BHAH.....

Yet he has no problem with copyright infringement since APPLE has stated that it is illegal to jailbreak phones.... what a hypocrite.

if you don't have anything useful to say, don't waist peoples time and MMI's server space

Personally I like dtunes, its incorporated nicely into the great app.

PS HIM sucks!
    it shows how wacked our world is. personally torrentula is better for torrents but dTunes works well for media playback for downloaded materials

Thanks

END!!!
    What if I already bought your CD or app, but lost the original copy or scratched the CD making it unusable? Am I still wrong for downloading a backup? If your stuff isn't on the radio (music) or available at my local target (everything else) chances are I am going to download it. If your lucky I'll buy it.

As far as iPhone apps go I try to buy as many as I can but there is a limit to how much I can spend on my addiction. Sometimes you just gotta do it because its so QUICK and so EASY.

P.S. HIM is pretty bad.. And if it wasn't for Bam Margera and his stupid cult following you wouldn't have discovered them Finns. They should be kissing his butt for giving them that many fans. Personally I think the band is more of an icon rather than musically talented. Unless your into the sound of dying.

END_RANT
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have only used dtunes and i liked it allot. kind of a hassle to have to go into terminal but, what can you do.

and maybe we wouldnt steal the music if it wasnt so expensive to buy?

not that i download music or nething.

im not going to persecute you because you steal music and apps as long as they are not my apps

either way the pirating of media is not to be discussed here

and i heard of him from an old girlfriend that listened to them... i dont doubt that she heard of them from bam but either way i fell in love with the symbol... they arent bad but im more of an A7X guy

now stop saying that i suck because i know for a fact that i have helped almost all of you countless times and the ones i havent i will get to sooner or later

you all know the rules and if you dont you will learn them quick

yup, I wouldn't have music on my ipod at all if I had to buy it all, so technically I'm not costing the artists anything. If anything, I'm benefiting them by letting my rich friends listen to their music.

Anyway, I just installed Torrentula and tried it out but I didn't like it because it requires ctorrent to run in the background, wasting memory and battery. I'm sticking to dtunes for now.

Thanks

In regard to this post you Him are the lone person to originally bring up illegal sharing in regard to these 2 applications. You brought the discussion to this topic. The poster didn't say who downloads music with torrents or mp3's in dTunes; However the poster clearly asked what the individual preferred dTunes or Torrentula not what actions someone takes with the program. Until your user name turns green you can discontinue your vigilante work.

//End Statement

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    In regard to this post you Him are the lone person to originally bring up illegal sharing in regard to these 2 applications. You brought the discussion to this topic. The poster didn't say who downloads music with torrents or mp3's in dTunes; However the poster clearly asked what the individual preferred dTunes or Torrentula not what actions someone takes with the program. Until your user name turns green you can discontinue your vigilante work.

//End Statement
    lol I as just about to to ask him when he became a moderator lol..

If I like a band I will see them in concert.. Radiohead and Wilco two perfect examples.. I have all there music never bought any of it, and have seen then both in concert.. I'll let the band make their money off of live music.. Besides if you can't play live u can't play at all
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

And with bands now releasing music on their own website for free, or for however mush you wish to pay then whats the difference?

Hey guys torrenting is not illegal. So dont talk about what you torrent. You could be sharing or downloading an essay your friend wrote or any number of free software that is too slow to download from host site(or your country isnt allowed to dl it), etc.

ON TOPIC
    I liked using dtunes as my only dl manager and torrenting machine but i use torrentula now.

EDIT: Ignore my comments its an old topic but i still use torrentula.
    Last edited by ixbilalxi; 2009-03-05 at 05:50 AM. Reason: OLD topic