Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: whats the best camera software?

Default whats the best camera software?
    Hey guys basically im looking for the best application for taking photos and videos. ive heard of snapture etc but i dont want loads of apps on my iPhone 3g 16gb so im wondering which is the best in your opinion?

thanks
    Ryan

i have tried a few camera apps, and the only one i found worth keeping was an app called "Night Camera"

It is mainly made for low light images, and it really makes a difference in certain conditions. But other than that, I use the standard app because it's been the fastest.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yakface For This Useful Post:

iJayJay (2009-02-17)

Camera Pro was one of the best with zoom, burst etc but it doesn't seem to have made it past 1.1.4 for some reason...Here's an excerpt from their website. dates back to 2008.

"For iPhone version 2.0 and iPhone 3G . Will become available in the official App Store & iTunes as soon as Apple approves sale. Date yet unknown. Burst mode will not be available in the App Store version, but it will include a built-in picture viewer and more features t.b.a.. "

I haven't really found anything since. I know some people talk good about the night shot camera, but I never tried it.
    Last edited by kressley; 2009-02-17 at 07:57 PM.

Snapture is pretty good
    Clearcam
    Night cam
    Video reorder for 3g
    Cycorder

Thanks

Snapture and Cycorder are probably your best bets, in my opinion.
    Respect your elders.

snapture is always freezing up on me. i usually just use the standard camera because of this. but i definitely like snapture more. being able to use the volume buttons to take the pic is really good.

id bet money on the fact that you tried to crack snapture!!

conversation ended!!..

Thanks

Clear cam is pretty good.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    id bet money on the fact that you tried to crack snapture!!

conversation ended!!..
    negative.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I would stick with the default camera....the reason being is that the main limitation to taking good pics is the camera hardware itself. It is not very...let's say...robust. I have Snapture too, and it does have cool features, but I find that I don't use them. The zoom would be great if it did not make the pictures blurry. Again, the camera hardware is just not designed to work like that.

I have heard good reviews of Night Camera...for (duh) night shots.

My 2 cents.

Thread moved to Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    IMO Darkroom is the best one. The light version works fine overall, sometimes a bit slow. Snapture is frequently slow or crashes so I cant consider buying it.