Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clippy Beta has Expired. Please Upgrade

Hello all!
    Can someone confirm a possible bug in 95.4? When in an e-mail inbox and you swipe an individual e-mail to delete it Clippy tries to copy the entire e-mail instead. I suppose there could be a use for this however I think it would be better to utilize the touch and hold method to activate it. Anyone else have this issue?

mS

yup, me too. Swipe email delete - sooooo long, I miss you.

I like the update but may be experiencing two possible bugs.

1. Whenever I swipe my finger across an email to delete it I get a pop up that covers the entire screen asking if I want to copy the email out. I have to exit out of that screen in order to delete the email.

2. Whenever I try to paste into a Safari text field Safari crashes. For example, I copy a UPS tracking number and then go to UPS.com and try to paste it Safari crashes when I hold down the 123 key.

Anyone else?

It would be pretty shady if the update was released to kill the product then start charging for it.

I'm glad I searched for the answer. I didn't know how to use the new Clippy. I'm glad it transfered over my old Stack and All! Bravo Clippy Team!

Quote Originally Posted by vegasflyby View Post

1. Whenever I swipe my finger across an email to delete it I get a pop up that covers the entire screen asking if I want to copy the email out. I have to exit out of that screen in order to delete the email.

2. Whenever I try to paste into a Safari text field Safari crashes. For example, I copy a UPS tracking number and then go to UPS.com and try to paste it Safari crashes when I hold down the 123 key.

Anyone else?
    I haven't tried pasting to safari but I get the E-Mail pop up too!

OK I just tried Safari. I tried to paste something on Google and Safari Crashed!

I did notice as far as the Deleting mail issue goes if you swipe then wait a moment then click delete there seems to be no issue for me.
    Last edited by z4kMKv; 2009-02-17 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Pasting in Safari works fine for me still.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

opening the copy/paste menu in safai crashes for me too.

it's kinda funny that Spazio or the creator of Clippy didn't write or post anything about the Expiry issue...
    iPhone 2G 8GB, 3GS 32GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPad 64GB 3G+Wifi, iPod nano 2010 16GB
    Windows 7, Playstation 3, Playstation Portable
    REAL TECH NEWS

I gotta say, I REALLY don't like the lack of that tiny menu popup. I'm finding the large full screen popup obtrusive and honestly kind of a put off to use it. Plus I can't seem to grab text mid-string any more. It seems to be all or nothing.

It's like Coke changing the recipe.

Thanks

mine works absolutely fine and I think it's much better

I can't highlight a piece of a text.
    any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloirish View Post
    I gotta say, I REALLY don't like the lack of that tiny menu popup. I'm finding the large full screen popup obtrusive and honestly kind of a put off to use it. Plus I can't seem to grab text mid-string any more. It seems to be all or nothing.

It's like Coke changing the recipe.
    That screen keeps popping up when scrolling through my playlist...a little annoying and since I can't paste it's now useless. Hopefully he'll read our gripes and change it.

Default Clippy working now
    So I got the same, stopped working after a certain date, said expired. After installing the update 0.95-4, it works for me, although I was confused on where the menu was... For example, I didn't realise that you need to hold the 123 button to popup the menu (I like the old way better) and you hold a SMS to popup the menu (the old way was faster too).
    Bring back 0.94 please!!!

Thanks

ok I must be an idiot or something, the upgrade isn't showing in cydia for me? It's still on 0.94?? Any help?

Default Yep...
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasflyby View Post

Anyone else?
    I get both of those issues as well...kinda pointless if I can't paste in Safari, every time I try to launch the extension by holding down the key, it crashes back to the home screen.

Thanks

anyone know how to get the upgrade to show up so I can get it working again?

The upgrade doesn't make it start working again.

Thanks

I still have version 0.94, and it still only puts "Clippy beta has expired. Please upgrade" in the stack. It seems from this thread people have upgraded to 0.95 and are using it w/out major problems. I just need to know how to get 0.95 as it's not showing up in cydia.

mine is crashing in safari too...everything else is great though.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    It would be pretty shady if the update was released to kill the product then start charging for it.
    and yet I think that's it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast