Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot view photos recieved from SwirlyMMS from Finder

Default Cannot view photos recieved from SwirlyMMS from Finder
    I have recently upgraded to SwirlyMMS 0.32 on my unlocked 1.1.2 iphone. İ receives the MMS but I cannot find the recieved file anywhere. the location var/mobile/Media/MMSFiles do not exist or I do not know how to go there thru Finder

Can any1 give me a step by step in Finder how to get to the folder where the mms are stored?

Thanks

mee too i cannot find them, im on 1.1.2

oh i found the solution in one of the threads:

open up mobilefinder and go to settings
    turn on the "System File Access" option
    and turn on the ".." feature
    then go to the very root
    /
    the pictures should be in
    /var/mobile/Media/MMSFiles
    Last edited by alxx86; 2008-03-06 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alxx86 For This Useful Post:

pacman890 (2008-03-06)

i would like to know how to view the pic too. i even tried to move the pic into the photo album, but it didn't show up.

MAny thanks the System file access did the trick

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the easiest way to view them is to get both mobile finder and mobile preview, just load them both via install, finder first then preview, open preview click open once it comes up and it launches finder (preview is an addon for finder for viewing pics) click the ~ sign on the top right and it should bring up 2 folders, media and library click on media, next click on MMSFiles and then click the pic in there.

Otherwise you can copy and paste it to your photos folder but you have to do it in the same format as the pics that are in there. It is case sensitive so IMG_0005.JPG could be your file name and if you want a thumbnail to appear make a copy of it and call it IMG_0005.THM then it will show up in your photos folder.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

SuPeR BeNNy (2008-05-18)