Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock.app

Default Unlock.app
    Unlock.app Has anybody tried this yet, does it work?
    I installed it on the phone but i'm afraid to run it, any feedback would be nice.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=704

If you are scared to use the .app then do it manually. You can find a guide at: http://limitededitioniphone.com/free...mfree-release/

I ran the app, now i have no service, so i guess it unlocked it. I was not thinking, does anyone know how to get my service back?

the peppo theme you created for iswitcher i could not get it to install with ibrickr could you please help? thanx

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiddallStudios View Post
    I ran the app, now i have no service, so i guess it unlocked it. I was not thinking, does anyone know how to get my service back?
    hmm...it doesnt work with ATT now? or you are trying to use with TMOB and it's not working? I would start with checking to make sure the SIM is inserted and seated correctly, then try a reboot.

post more details if this still doesn't work.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Right. I have unlocked dozens of them, and they always work with ATT and any other GSM services with no issues.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I just ran it about 20 minutes ago and everything went fine. I don't have a SIM from another provider, but I'm heading to T-Mob tomorrow to see if it worked. I'm thinking I'm gonna eat the early termination fee and switch over.

Hello i alredy unlocked 8gb , by unlock.app and another with manual method, but i am stuck with 4gb one , i am doing the same procedures but no luck with app method or manual method.
    With manual method always getting error here after command AT+CLCK="PN",0,"00000000"

So following instructions on several forums :
    1. changed all atributes to 0777
    2. restarted radio stack several times
    3. restored phone couple of times
    4. copied termacap
    5. used difrent terminal from difrent pc
    but most strange thing i followed all steps i did on 8gb and still getting error
    Did someone have same problem

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Windows or OS X?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I did a 4GB iPhone without any problems except for the jailbreaking. But everything else went smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    I did a 4GB iPhone without any problems except for the jailbreaking. But everything else went smooth.
    What was the jailbreaking issue?

i am using windows, no i am trying with old testpoint method but i dont think it helps but who knows, tomorow i will put all device details i left it at work,
    I wondering because first command should do something with cheskum so or device is not flashed properly or there is problem with communication in phone

dont have a clue i try on monday with old method and post results ....

Exclamation os-x panther
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Windows or OS X?

Hello i am using panther 10.3.9 and have a new iphone.
    i do not wantg to upgrade to 10.4 and am wating for leopard.

Ifuntastic 3.03 works uner panther.

Are there any issue with activating uner panther and does anyone have a panther solution- with gui. I would prefer to avoid command line and terminal if necesary.

for some reason i got no service on this 2 phone that i unlock it on but the other 2 phone works just fine.. does anione know the problem y it say no service? please help.. thanks

THE SAME THING HAVE HAPPEN TO ME TOO!

i try to install "anySIM" application to my iphone. & it failed to install to my iphone. now i have No Service. any body knows whats going on with this? HELP PLEASE!!! CAUSE I CAN'T MAKE ANY PHONE CALLS ON MY IPHONE OR GET THEM. i had restored my iphone so many time already.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdamovement View Post
    THE SAME THING HAVE HAPPEN TO ME TOO!

i try to install "anySIM" application to my iphone. & it failed to install to my iphone. now i have No Service. any body knows whats going on with this? HELP PLEASE!!! CAUSE I CAN'T MAKE ANY PHONE CALLS ON MY IPHONE OR GET THEM. i had restored my iphone so many time already.
    so does that mean doing a restore won't fix the problem? what i'm trying to ask is if i have some problem after unlock my phone, when i restore it will it make my phone back to the original(lock)
    Last edited by Giies; 2007-09-17 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Restore will lock your phone again.

Tried it tonight and worked great. This tutorial is very easy to follow:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1

I try to restore it over & over again, its still not working. i'm going to the Apple store today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

ugh....go with the Unlock.app vs. anysim that app is causing many folks on here problems. if that doesnt work, back up to the manual software method (though they are the same) and look for error messages along the way. the apple store isn't going to help you unlock your phone...probably just give you a new one, but that's more than likely not the problem dude.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast