Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize on 1.1.4 (I know it's a sore subject)

Default Customize on 1.1.4 (I know it's a sore subject)
    This way is the "Installer" way. No need for SSH or Terminal.

How to get Customize to work properly on a 1.1.3-1.1.4 iPhone/Touch.

You need two sources. (Sources are Case Sensitive people!)
    1) http://i.unlock.no (1.1.4 Compatibility Patch)
    2) http://www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml (Customize v1.21 (custom), 2)

I highly recommend restoring the iphone, and then setting up as a NEW iPhone. Seems to work better with ZiPhone also. IMHO. But, you do what you want.

First. You need to Jailbreak your phone/touch with ZiPhone Version 2.5 or earlier. Do NOT use 2.5b or 2.5c! I do not know exactly why, but when you jailbreak using these versions it doesn't matter what you do, Customize will NOT work.

-Navigate to Installer. Click on Sources in the lower right corner, then click on Edit in the upper right corner, and then select Add to add a new source. Add both sources listed at the top of this quick tutorial.

-Now, while in Installer app, scroll down to Unlocking Tools, and install the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch. (Note, you do not have to do this if you are on 1.1.3. Also, you will need the BSD Subsystem installed prior to running this installation). Let the file install, and then soft reboot the phone/touch.

-Now, Install Customize version 1.21 off installer (The regular version of Customize). Let it install, then let your phone/touch soft-boot. Then restart the phone/touch. Once your item powers back on, open the Customize application until it fully opens considering it usually crashes back to the springboard a few times. After it opens, close back to the springboard, open the Installer app and uninstall the 1.21 version of Customize, and then install the Custom Version of Customize which is labeled version 1.21 (custom), 2. After installation, let the phone/touch soft reboot, then restart the phone/touch and continue to open the application until it fully opens.

-Now, you can uninstall the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch unless you still need this installed to add a few more applications. I would recommend uninstalling this as soon as you have all the necessary applications installed. It really doesn't seem like a good idea to continue to have your phone tricked into thinking it is indeed a different Firmware. Atleast I don't think so.

Please note, the images are still uploaded to var/root/Library/Customize...

This is what I did and it fully worked. If you want instructions on how to get the Carrier Image to work again, Post a reply here with the location of your Carrier Images in the FileSystem, and I will edit the plists for you and send them to you specifically.

Please post any problems or findings you may have in this thread to keep the forums from getting cluttered. I will try to help each of you get this application running on your item since I was lost without it on mine.

Reako

Directly Posted by Skylar. This is the manual edition. Report back with test results please!

If yous Customzie isn't saving changes, it's most likely because you didn't chown installer.

Uninstall Customzie (all versions), run these two commands in terminal or SSH, then reinstall the Customzie version of your choice.

* /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    * /bin/chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

Or, if you manually installed Customize, you can setuid directly on Customize itself, bypassing Installer.

* /bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    * /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    Last edited by Reako; 2008-03-06 at 05:13 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

Best Geeks (2008-04-07), bludrein (2008-03-26), danielw719 (2008-03-12), dominic56 (2008-03-07), evolutionarymc (2008-03-30), Greenelbow (2008-03-12), guitarist9189 (2008-03-11), Rosbaughcr (2008-03-10)

LOL well you are out of luck. As of right now there is no fix for customize 1.1.4

If there is a fix please let me know haha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (2008-03-07)

I figured it out. If you use the custom version that is on your repo, you have to make sure you Jailbroke your iPhone/iPod with an earlier version of ZiPhone, (anything besides the V, 2.5c)

Add i.unlock.no source. Install the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch.
    Add your repo source. Install the regular Customize, then uninstall it. Then install the custom version, soft-reboot the phone. Then restart the phone. It should work perfectly after that. Also, I have altered my Customize to change carrier images. Reply if you would like more information on getting it to work on 1.1.4. I'm pretty sure I can walk you through it.

Reako

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (2008-03-05)

i want customize on my iphone also but i am noob. i accidentally upgraded to 1.1.4 like 2 days ago when i first bought my iphone.

i can use summerboard but not customize. it says " error need firmware 1.(1.2.3) or something like that.

how do i use those picture in skins/themes to my iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Reako;
    I figured it out. If you use the custom version that is on your repo, you have to make sure you Jailbroke your iPhone/iPod with an earlier version of ZiPhone, (anything besides the V, 2.5c)

Add i.unlock.no source. Install the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch.
    Add your repo source. Install the regular Customize, then uninstall it. Then install the custom version, soft-reboot the phone. Then restart the phone. It should work perfectly after that. Also, I have altered my Customize to change carrier images. Reply if you would like more information on getting it to work on 1.1.4. I'm pretty sure I can walk you through it.

Reako
    I did exactly that, and mine does not work. get the spicy chicken, crash back to springboard as always.

I got the interface to load once, I dont remember what I did though. However just like 100s of others have said, none of the changes stick.

If you got this to work, you are my new hero. Because I am out of ideas.

i.unlock.no - is the source I need to add, correct? Then, install the patch, then were is the "custom version" you are referring to? Is it in the source I just added?

I am like the above, Customize loads, I make the changes and nothing sticks. After making the changes, the phone loads for a second or two, restarts the spring, then no changes are there....

Anyone figure this out?

THANKS!!!

I still can't get it to work! I can here the sounds that I installed now, where as before, I could not, but the changes do not stick!
    Last edited by dominic56; 2008-03-05 at 08:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

MINE WORKS!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -snap_135442.jpg   -snap_135509.jpg   -snap_135532.jpg   -snap_135715.jpg  
    Last edited by techguy1; 2008-03-05 at 09:03 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to techguy1 For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (2008-03-07)

Green Apple
    Thanks

try iPod touch repos version it works just fine on 1.1.4. Note: I did not do any file mods or anything just installed and it worked perfect and if ur wondering the changes stick. No troubles here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to techguy1 For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (2008-03-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OK PEOPLE. Customize works for some and not for others for one reason only.. I'm tired of hearing about it. Jesus. IT DOES NOT WORK IF YOU USED ZIPHONE 2.5!!!!! END OF ******* STORY. GET OVER IT. IF IT BUGS YOU THAT MUCH, RESTORE AND RE-JAILBREAK WITH 2.4 (which it does work with).

I'm tired of hearing every other person say, oh it works if you get the one of the ipod touch fans repo.

NO IT DOES NOT IF YOU USE 2.5.... WE ARENT FREAKING MORONS.

Sorry for anyone who had genuine answers, I'm just tired of hearing the same solution on every iphone/ipod touch website I go to. It has gotten old.

/endrant

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techguy1 View Post
    try iPod touch repos version it works just fine on 1.1.4. Note: I did not do any file mods or anything just installed and it worked perfect and if ur wondering the changes stick. No troubles here
    The reason why it is called customized is so that you can customized your phone. It does bring me to what you have posted on your sreen shot but it doesn't do a thing that it is supposed to.

You can't even do a simple 5 icon dock.

So to say its working when it only opens the app doesn't mean it is really working. Tell us if you can make some customization.

Quote Originally Posted by mixi92 View Post
    The reason why it is called customized is so that you can customized your phone. It does bring me to what you have posted on your sreen shot but it doesn't do a thing that it is supposed to.

So to say its working when it only opens the app doesn't mean it is really working. Tell us if you can make some customization.
    ya the 5 icon dock doesn't work but look at his screenshot again and you will see that he was able to change the badge icon from the red circle to the apple logo... so ya, u can customize it except for the dock

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    OK PEOPLE. Customize works for some and not for others for one reason only.. I'm tired of hearing about it. Jesus. IT DOES NOT WORK IF YOU USED ZIPHONE 2.5!!!!! END OF ******* STORY. GET OVER IT. IF IT BUGS YOU THAT MUCH, RESTORE AND RE-JAILBREAK WITH 2.4 (which it does work with).

I'm tired of hearing every other person say, oh it works if you get the one of the ipod touch fans repo.

NO IT DOES NOT IF YOU USE 2.5.... WE ARENT FREAKING MORONS.

Sorry for anyone who had genuine answers, I'm just tired of hearing the same solution on every iphone/ipod touch website I go to. It has gotten old.

/endrant
    You are wrong. Please stop cluttering this thread wiht your useless ramblings. You can use ZiPhone 2.5, just not the latter versions such as 2.5b and 2.5c. Also, edited first post to help others get this program working. Lemme know how it works for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by mixi92 View Post

As of 1.1.3 the 5-icon dock is gone due to Apple's firmware changes. The files previously edited to allow the 5-icon dock no longer function as the used to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    You are wrong. Please stop cluttering this thread wiht your useless ramblings. You can use ZiPhone 2.5, just not the latter versions such as 2.5b and 2.5c. Also, edited first post to help others get this program working. Lemme know how it works for all of you.
    The Ziphone jailbreak that I am using right now I got on 2.5 release day. My customize doesn't work, no matter what I do. Therefore, I stick to my story that 2.5 is what screws it. I don't have 2.5b or 2.5c installed on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    The Ziphone jailbreak that I am using right now I got on 2.5 release day. My customize doesn't work, no matter what I do. Therefore, I stick to my story that 2.5 is what screws it. I don't have 2.5b or 2.5c installed on my machine.
    You might be right. I used 2.5. I have it installed and running but it will not save any changes I make and all I'm trying to do is hide an icon. Any ideas.....anyone?

Try my modded version, see if it works for you guys, has a TON of options not in other versions.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...643#post321643

Quote Originally Posted by Danimator View Post
    Try my modded version, see if it works for you guys, has a TON of options not in other versions.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...643#post321643
    will do..........adding your source now and will report back

works great thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by oc12345 View Post
    works great thanks for the info
    still trying to load his source.....won't load.....did you install manually or through installer?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast