Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize on 1.1.4 (I know it's a sore subject)

Add http://ipod.iguy.dk as a source and add Customize 1.1.4 Version 1.21 (custom) 2 from iGuy in Installer.

I was previously unable to do the manual install after jailbreaking with the latest version of the Ziphone GUI (ZiPhoneWin-2.6b.exe).

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys after days of searching I found a YouTube video for adding Customize 1.1.3 ver 1.21 (custom) to your phone. This guy even explained how to (and what to type) in your Installer (Sources). I am no dev, just a regular guy that can follow video instructions better than all the dev talk. I used ZiPhone 2.5c to just Jailbreak and Activate v1.1.3 (restored) iPhone. I have AT&T service and 3.9 Bootloader. My iPhone is complete! All of my stock apps work perfectly. Had a problem with YouTube and Yahoo at first, but just Ziphoned it again and everything works fine. I will limit my apps and stuff this time. I used iBrickr when I first got the phone last year, but it froze on me. Keep up the great work!! Steve Jobs and his crow-nies need you guys more than he knows.

Here's the link (iPhone and iPod Touch video for Customize 1.21 custom) WORKS FOR 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 so easy!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlPTx-ynIUM"]YouTube - How To Get Customize Working on 1.1.3/1.1.4 iPhone/iPodTouch[/ame]
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brotherbond007 For This Useful Post:

clandrea (2008-03-30), illie77 (2008-03-17)

I added the source ..but I dont have the package that you reference below
    Now, while in Installer app, scroll down to Unlocking Tools, and install the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch. (Note, you do not have to do this if you are on 1.1.3. Also, you will need the BSD Subsystem installed prior to running this installation). Let the file install, and then soft reboot the phone/touch.
    I just installed a bunch of sources ...none of them gave me this package ..did it get pulled for some reason?
    Last edited by pingywon; 2008-03-17 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

repo.ispazio.net

Reako

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

pingywon (2008-03-17)

Thanks for the link brotherbood, I tried it out and seems to be working fine. All changes are saving.

BTW I'm on 1.1.1 --> 1.1.4 using zipone 2.5c

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

A few things:
    1. I cant get Customize to allow me to reorganize as in past fw/versions.
    Now I can reorganize via 1.1.4 so that is not a biggie.
    2. I cant seem to increase the dock icons (I would have liked 6).
    3. I installed a few battery images that I used to have on my 1.1.1 and they are no longer animated.

Any direction as to the above?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, I have 1.1.4 and from viewing this thread I was able to get Customizer as I had in the past when I first got the iPhone. But now, whenever I change something on the App..it doesn't change anything on the phone.. Why?
    I just uninstalled it because it was useless, but I'd like it to work..
    And then, off topic, anyone know what the app is that allows you to change things like "Slide to unlock" and other text like "slide to power off". I used to have an app that did it when I first got my phone, but after I upgraded and did all this again I couldn't seem to find it.

I feel like this has been answered other places, but just in case:

I used ZIPhone 2.5 on my 1.1.4 phone and got it working without anything too extensive. Reako's instructions are pretty much what I did except:

Once you've installed Customize, its going to show the spicy chicken and then crash. To fix this, SSH into your phone and make sure that you set the permissions to full read, write, and execute (777) EVERYWHERE you see a folder called Customize. I'm sure someone smarter than I can narrow that down for you, but I don't have the patience to try each one. Just keep looking and do them all. Here's the two located on my phone, it may be different for you:

\Applications\Customize.app
    \Private\Var\Root\Library\Customize

Once this is done, press and hold the power and the home button at the same time until the phone shuts off, and then power it on again. At this point it may begin to work. If it doesn't, RESET all the permissions to 777 and do another hard restart. I had to do it twice before it worked.

Have hope, Customize <i>does</i> work on 1.1.4. Its just cranky.

it works for me ( ZiPhone 2.5c) .. sorry. hha

I have 1.1.4 and I have Customize running flawlessly. I found this video on YouTube that shows you how to make it work. Essentially, I tricked my iPhone into thinking that it has firmware version 1.1.3 and so it let me install Customize. Seems a little weird that it was that easy, but I've been running Customize for ~month and haven't had a single error. Here's a link to the video:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ssnKiBb0kII"]YouTube - Customize Hack for your 1.1.4 iPhone!!![/ame]

There are a LOT of videos on there showing you different methods and such to do this, but that is the specific video I watched and followed to get mine to work.

BTW, I used ZiPhone 2.5 to jailbreak my phone.

okay okay so i got it to work, and i can change my springboard strings. but when i download icon packs and slider packs etc. THEY DONT APPEAR IN CUSTOMIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!! what do i do?!?!?!?!?!?!? pm me if you like

Edit:scratch that only certain items dont appear...aka slider masks, slider images. the items that come with the custom tough package. basically only thing i got to work was the sounds which dont help cuz i have a touch, which doesnt have a speakerrr so yea. jsut adding that one
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-03-27 at 02:17 AM. Reason: addition of information

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Hide Icon on Springboard
    Does the DockSwap has anything to do with the icons on the SpringBoard? Basically, the customize seems working after I did some symlinks creations. But no matter how many times I tries to hide an appz from showing on the SpringBoard, it never works. But other settings work.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    FINALLY WOO HOO!!!
    Tried everything I could dl and method I read.
    This repo did the trick.

http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    Customize 1.1.3 custom version

After losing my AT&T carrier image tab by installing other Customize 1.21(tried every version I could find),
    it all came back with this version.

Installed 114 Compatibility patch.
    Installed the regular version Customize 1.21, reboot system, make sure it runs.Then uninstall.Next.
    Installed Customize 1.21 custom(2) from repo above. Reboot system, make sure it runs.

Note, most sources in the repository still install the images into root instead of mobile.
    You will still have to move everything from:

* /private/var/root/Library/Customize to
    * /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize and
    * /private/var/root/Library/DockSwap to
    * /private/var/mobile/Library/DowkSwap

Also, the Carrier Images DO work. However the option to change it will not show up until you add in a
    Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and a FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png into
    /System/Library/CoreServices.SpringBoard.app To do this,

1. download a package that includes carrier images.
    2. Rename a matching pair of images to those named above and
    3. place them into the said folder.

I also put Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and a FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png in
    /system/library/carrier bundles/unknown bundle.

Then used MIM app (makeitmine) changed carrier text to Ipod and voila.
    I can now change my carrier logos within Customize 1.21 custom.

I'm on Fido in Canada, this is what I did.
    Soooooo happy now. Props to SkylarEC.

On 1.1.4/ 04.04.05G /3.9bootloader/Ziphone2.5

[/QUOTE]Directly Posted by Skylar. This is the manual edition. Report back with test results please!

If yous Customzie isn't saving changes, it's most likely because you didn't chown installer.

Uninstall Customzie (all versions), run these two commands in terminal or SSH, then reinstall the Customzie version of your choice.

* /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    * /bin/chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

[/QUOTE]

This made my customize work on 1.1.4 after manual install of hacked Customize ( google it )

Thanks
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Sources???
    Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    This way is the "Installer" way. No need for SSH or Terminal.

How to get Customize to work properly on a 1.1.3-1.1.4 iPhone/Touch.

You need two sources. (Sources are Case Sensitive people!)
    1) http://i.unlock.no (1.1.4 Compatibility Patch)
    2) http://www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml (Customize v1.21 (custom), 2)

I highly recommend restoring the iphone, and then setting up as a NEW iPhone. Seems to work better with ZiPhone also. IMHO. But, you do what you want.

First. You need to Jailbreak your phone/touch with ZiPhone Version 2.5 or earlier. Do NOT use 2.5b or 2.5c! I do not know exactly why, but when you jailbreak using these versions it doesn't matter what you do, Customize will NOT work.

-Navigate to Installer. Click on Sources in the lower right corner, then click on Edit in the upper right corner, and then select Add to add a new source. Add both sources listed at the top of this quick tutorial.

-Now, while in Installer app, scroll down to Unlocking Tools, and install the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch. (Note, you do not have to do this if you are on 1.1.3. Also, you will need the BSD Subsystem installed prior to running this installation). Let the file install, and then soft reboot the phone/touch.

-Now, Install Customize version 1.21 off installer (The regular version of Customize). Let it install, then let your phone/touch soft-boot. Then restart the phone/touch. Once your item powers back on, open the Customize application until it fully opens considering it usually crashes back to the springboard a few times. After it opens, close back to the springboard, open the Installer app and uninstall the 1.21 version of Customize, and then install the Custom Version of Customize which is labeled version 1.21 (custom), 2. After installation, let the phone/touch soft reboot, then restart the phone/touch and continue to open the application until it fully opens.

-Now, you can uninstall the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch unless you still need this installed to add a few more applications. I would recommend uninstalling this as soon as you have all the necessary applications installed. It really doesn't seem like a good idea to continue to have your phone tricked into thinking it is indeed a different Firmware. Atleast I don't think so.

Please note, the images are still uploaded to var/root/Library/Customize...

This is what I did and it fully worked. If you want instructions on how to get the Carrier Image to work again, Post a reply here with the location of your Carrier Images in the FileSystem, and I will edit the plists for you and send them to you specifically.

Please post any problems or findings you may have in this thread to keep the forums from getting cluttered. I will try to help each of you get this application running on your item since I was lost without it on mine.

Reako

Directly Posted by Skylar. This is the manual edition. Report back with test results please!

If yous Customzie isn't saving changes, it's most likely because you didn't chown installer.

Uninstall Customzie (all versions), run these two commands in terminal or SSH, then reinstall the Customzie version of your choice.

* /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    * /bin/chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

Or, if you manually installed Customize, you can setuid directly on Customize itself, bypassing Installer.

* /bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    * /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    I did exactly what u said and typed the sources perfectly, but the compatibility patch and the custom customize were not in my list of applications, pretty bummed, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

just use the new customize 2.0, works great!

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

the 1.1.4 patch isnt in the unlocking tools in the installer...Why not?
    Thanks

My customize works just fine, and I used the steps in the original post. Well I got the patch and modded customize from ipodtouched.net/repo.xml.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody knew of any sources with themes for customize. All i have is the cheema pack from shai's repo.

worked great thanks alot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456