Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize on 1.1.4 (I know it's a sore subject)

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    OK PEOPLE. Customize works for some and not for others for one reason only.. I'm tired of hearing about it. Jesus. IT DOES NOT WORK IF YOU USED ZIPHONE 2.5!!!!! END OF ******* STORY. GET OVER IT. IF IT BUGS YOU THAT MUCH, RESTORE AND RE-JAILBREAK WITH 2.4 (which it does work with).

I'm tired of hearing every other person say, oh it works if you get the one of the ipod touch fans repo.

NO IT DOES NOT IF YOU USE 2.5.... WE ARENT FREAKING MORONS.

Sorry for anyone who had genuine answers, I'm just tired of hearing the same solution on every iphone/ipod touch website I go to. It has gotten old.

/endrant

well that where you are wrong mate i used 2.5 and it work for me !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stan_the_man_123 View Post
    I can't download Customize 1.21 (custom), 2. Whenever I press install, it says Package download failed! Can you give me a manual link or something?
    same with me..i cant still use CUSTOMIZE
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Thanks

Customize 1.21 Custom 2's new source.... ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    100% Working

Hey man, post that source again... Is it "ipodtouched.net/repo.xml" and that's it?
    I've tried it every way now, added all the sources and everything..
    It still won't save my changes, even when after typing the commands in terminal.. I guess I will set it up as a new phone... Wish me luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dominic56 View Post
    Hey man, post that source again... Is it "ipodtouched.net/repo.xml" and that's it?
    I've tried it every way now, added all the sources and everything..
    It still won't save my changes, even when after typing the commands in terminal.. I guess I will set it up as a new phone... Wish me luck!
    Installer/Sources/Edit/Add/ ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    they're the only ones that have the (Customize 1.21 Custom 2)
    I got a 1.1.4 Jailbroken ifone (ZiPhone 2.5)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silencer For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (2008-03-07), nicktriplesix (2008-03-09), soulpilot (2008-03-09)

thanks! Trying it now... The refresher keeps kicking me out and won't refresh the new source... Once I figure this out, I will post my findings and everything I have done wrong over the last 3 days.. My VERY last resort will be setting up as a new phone..

It works! use the source above ( ipodtouched.net/repo.xml ) and do what the first post says in this thread!!!! I didn't have to set up a new phone, nor did I have to use the terminal...
    I did what Zibri said not to do and updated to 1.1.4 before the new Ziphone was out, then I did another thing he said not to do and I updated Ziphone rather than setting up as a new phone.

I'd like to thank everyone in this forum, even the guy who said it doesn't work... - Keep on trying brother. Make sure you add the source above and refresh the sources so the app will show up. Then install!!!

I can't beleive I have belonged to this forum since August (got my iphone the day they were released) and I haven't posted until Feb... I am insane no longer!

Good luck fellow Jailbreakers!
    Last edited by dominic56; 2008-03-07 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hate to say it Reako, I'm a fan of your stuff, but I have to agree with Hedsick here. I used Ziphone 2.5 an hour after it came out to jailbreak. I have gotten every app to work on my iphone EXCEPT for Customize. I have spent hours searching every forum, video, and walkthrough about customize. I've tried all of the things i've seen, from various source links, to Open SSH editing files. NOTHING WORKS. IS THERE ANY SOLULTION? WHEN WILL THE NEXT VERSION OF CUSTOMIZE COME OUT????

I can't get this to work at all.

Customize starts alright and everything, but the features in there does nothing. It soft-reboots, but nothing changes.

Guys,

If you are still having problems please list what Jailbreak method you used. Also, let me know if you tried the manual method listed at the bottom of my first post. I have tried this method on 6 different phones now with all success. Please list all of your steps that you took, not just cries for help. I'll continue to try to help until SC releases the new polished version using the SDK.

Reako

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

aichdee (2008-03-08)

Default worked for me, maybe for U 2
    FINALLY WOO HOO!!!
    Tried everything I could dl and method I read.
    This repo did the trick.

http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    Customize 1.1.3 custom version

After losing my AT&T carrier image tab by installing other Customize 1.21(tried every version I could find),
    it all came back with this version.

Installed 114 Compatibility patch.
    Installed the regular version Customize 1.21, reboot system, make sure it runs.Then uninstall.Next.
    Installed Customize 1.21 custom(2) from repo above. Reboot system, make sure it runs.

Note, most sources in the repository still install the images into root instead of mobile.
    You will still have to move everything from:

* /private/var/root/Library/Customize to
    * /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize and
    * /private/var/root/Library/DockSwap to
    * /private/var/mobile/Library/DowkSwap

Also, the Carrier Images DO work. However the option to change it will not show up until you add in a
    Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and a FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png into
    /System/Library/CoreServices.SpringBoard.app To do this,

1. download a package that includes carrier images.
    2. Rename a matching pair of images to those named above and
    3. place them into the said folder.

I also put Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and a FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png in
    /system/library/carrier bundles/unknown bundle.

Then used MIM app (makeitmine) changed carrier text to Ipod and voila.
    I can now change my carrier logos within Customize 1.21 custom.

I'm on Fido in Canada, this is what I did.
    Soooooo happy now. Props to SkylarEC.

On 1.1.4/ 04.04.05G /3.9bootloader/Ziphone2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    This is what I did and it fully worked. If you want instructions on how to get the Carrier Image to work again, Post a reply here with the location of your Carrier Images in the FileSystem, and I will edit the plists for you and send them to you specifically.
    Hey Reako your manual way in terminal worked like a charm!

Could you let me know which plists you updated for the carrier image to change? I went in and changed the actual carrier images to get mine to change but was curious which plists you could update to do this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanx guys customize works great for me know.

Thanks

Awesome, Customize works for me now on 1.1.3, except for battery images and carrier icon...

I used the method from the first post, with the ipodtouched source. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: A lot of the package dowloads for Customize do not show up as options when trying to change things... Are there any good sources to get some customize packages that will work?
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2008-03-08 at 09:58 PM.

So i used ispazio's repo, to finally get the 1.1.4 patch.. which i.unlock.no does not have... then i used the ipodtouched repo to get customize on my phone, that worked and now i have the icon, customize does open, but when i click on something ie: main slider there's nothing in there to change the option, i even have themes installed (lacoste one) and nothing shows... do i need to move teh images or something?
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-03-08 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Alright, upon further review, most stuff works fine; it's just a question of if the package you choose is 1.1.3 compatible, I believe.

Also, Reako, if the offer is still on the table, I wouldn't mind some help figuring out the carrier icons and stuff... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Alright, upon further review, most stuff works fine; it's just a question of if the package you choose is 1.1.3 compatible, I believe.

Also, Reako, if the offer is still on the table, I wouldn't mind some help figuring out the carrier icons and stuff... Thanks!

So All DAY, you got stuff to show up in your customize? everytime i go into it ie: Mainslider> theres nothing there too choose even if i have a theme installed (lacoste). Not even the back up shows as an option... i even went into WINSCP and made sure teh files were in teh right places and they were... i even set the permission to 0755 and still nothinng... tho i do see that the lacoste theme is in customize only thru WINSCP

what is the source for that repo?

So i finally got customize to show up on my SB, and i even now have the back ups as options. But when i go to Installer and install a Theme it does not show up in customize?
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-03-09 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks

Well, I'm running 1.1.3 and as I said before, some stuff just does not work for me; it won't show up as an option after I download it.

If you have community sources installed, I would suggest using the two designer packs. They give you a lot of options and have worked for me. Also, some of Boss's stuff works.

Where are you getting your stuff from right now?

Thanks

You will need to add the image set to your installer. Like Bosscube image set, dash image set, designer image set, designer image set 2.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast