Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize on 1.1.4 (I know it's a sore subject)

I add your source> danimator2000.googlepages.com/repo.xml... and nothing shows in the install ur repo doesnt show up? i refreshed the sources mutiple times even re wrote it 3 times...

I have just redid the entire tutorial using ZiPhone Version 2.5 (Not 2.5b or 2.5c) and it worked flawlessly. Maybe deleting the ZiPhone Program File from C/Program Files/ZiPhone. Then going to the News Category in MMI, downloading the original 2.5 File from the MMI downloads, and then re-extracting the files. Please RESTORE your iPhone, (Sync before you do so) and then setup as a NEW iPhone first. Try that and report back. SHould work then.

No Problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    OK PEOPLE. Customize works for some and not for others for one reason only.. I'm tired of hearing about it. Jesus. IT DOES NOT WORK IF YOU USED ZIPHONE 2.5!!!!! END OF ******* STORY. GET OVER IT. IF IT BUGS YOU THAT MUCH, RESTORE AND RE-JAILBREAK WITH 2.4 (which it does work with).

I'm tired of hearing every other person say, oh it works if you get the one of the ipod touch fans repo.

NO IT DOES NOT IF YOU USE 2.5.... WE ARENT FREAKING MORONS.

Sorry for anyone who had genuine answers, I'm just tired of hearing the same solution on every iphone/ipod touch website I go to. It has gotten old.

/endrant
    fail.

my jailbreak is neither nates nor ziphone, mine is done 100 % by the book and it does not work.

It DID work before I updated some of my other apps, so SOMETHING is screwing with it.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-03-06 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    worked perfectly, THANK YOOOOOOU
    Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    I have just redid the entire tutorial using ZiPhone Version 2.5 (Not 2.5b or 2.5c) and it worked flawlessly. Maybe deleting the ZiPhone Program File from C/Program Files/ZiPhone. Then going to the News Category in MMI, downloading the original 2.5 File from the MMI downloads, and then re-extracting the files. Please RESTORE your iPhone, (Sync before you do so) and then setup as a NEW iPhone first. Try that and report back. SHould work then.
    So what do i do exactly to get customize to work with my iphone? i need to restore and set up as a new phone? But what about my Numbers and stuff i won't be able to restore then use my back up?

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea well i have downloaded customize from skylar version 1.21 custom and it works great from dlubbat's apps

oh and your welcome

and i jailbroke my 1.1.4 with ziphone 2.4 i don't know if this is why
    Last edited by MadMarine 525; 2008-03-06 at 04:42 AM. Reason: left something out!!
    RY GUY!!!

If yous Customzie isn't saving changes, it's most likely because you didn't chown installer.

Uninstall Customzie (all versions), run these two commands in terminal or SSH, then reinstall the Customzie version of your choice.

• /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    • /bin/chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

Or, if you manually installed Customize, you can setuid directly on Customize itself, bypassing Installer.
    • /bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    • /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    Last edited by SkylarEC; 2008-03-06 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetti12 View Post
    So what do i do exactly to get customize to work with my iphone? i need to restore and set up as a new phone? But what about my Numbers and stuff i won't be able to restore then use my back up?
    As long as your Phone Numbers and things are synced into Outlook, it should Sync directly back into the phone after creating a new Phone. The only thing you are gonna lose is your settings, (IE. Sounds, Brightness, Application order and so forth).

Reako

PS: Skylar, I made this for those who are not capable of Chmod'ing into their iPhone or Touch. Many newbies don't learn the ol' school techniques.

install 1.1.3 svpatch .... install customize v 1.21(custom) for 1.1.3 then uninstall 1.1.3 svpatch.... works on my 1.1.4 iphone using ziphone 2.5b

Quote Originally Posted by SkylarEC View Post
    If yous Customzie isn't saving changes, it's most likely because you didn't chown installer.

Uninstall Customzie (all versions), run these two commands in terminal or SSH, then reinstall the Customzie version of your choice.

• /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    • /bin/chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

Or, if you manually installed Customize, you can setuid directly on Customize itself, bypassing Installer.
    • /bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    • /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    A lot of newcomers have no idea how to find their way through terminal or SSH. That's the only reason I made this quick tutorial so it is primarily based on Installer (Which the majority of them live off of) Thanks for the added info also!

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    fail.

my jailbreak is neither nates nor ziphone, mine is done 100 % by the book and it does not work.

It DID work before I updated some of my other apps, so SOMETHING is screwing with it.
    What in God's name is 100% by the book? What method did you use to Jailbreak??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (2008-03-07)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Originaly posted by hedsick
    OK PEOPLE. Customize works for some and not for others for one reason only.. I'm tired of hearing about it. Jesus. IT DOES NOT WORK IF YOU USED ZIPHONE 2.5!!!!! END OF ******* STORY. GET OVER IT. IF IT BUGS YOU THAT MUCH, RESTORE AND RE-JAILBREAK WITH 2.4 (which it does work with).

I'm tired of hearing every other person say, oh it works if you get the one of the ipod touch fans repo.

NO IT DOES NOT IF YOU USE 2.5.... WE ARENT FREAKING MORONS.
    Sorry for anyone who had genuine answers, I'm just tired of hearing the same solution on every iphone/ipod touch website I go to. It has gotten old.

/endrant
    stop giving out wrong info and no i am not a moron ur a moron for giving out wrong info.I used ziphone 2.5 and customize works fine for me ...Yeah hedsick , you just gotta be smarter than the machine ,thanks to all i gotta go to work now!!!!so yeah dont listen to this guy hedsick 2.5 does work
    Last edited by techguy1; 2008-03-06 at 05:31 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

the link for the custom, 2 version wont let me dl just keep getting package download failed
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techguy1 View Post
    Originaly posted by hedsick

stop giving out wrong info and no i am not a moron ur a moron for giving out wrong info.I used ziphone 2.5 and customize works fine for me ...Yeah hedsick , you just gotta be smarter than the machine ,thanks to all i gotta go to work now!!!!so yeah dont listen to this guy hedsick 2.5 does work
    Hmm, If I was the only one who had trouble with 2.5, I may agree with you. But since others are too, i suggest you go eat a d***.

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    Hmm, If I was the only one who had trouble with 2.5, I may agree with you. But since others are too, i suggest you go eat a d***.
    hedsick,

Did you try the manual method using terminal to setup Customize?? I put it in bold at the bottom of my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimator View Post
    Try my modded version, see if it works for you guys, has a TON of options not in other versions.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...643#post321643

So i finally got your repo to show up on my Installer... and downloaded your customizer then when i try and download the theme pack that is required for customize to work, i just get a error message saying that the download failed.
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-03-06 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks

I can't download Customize 1.21 (custom), 2. Whenever I press install, it says Package download failed! Can you give me a manual link or something?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to stan_the_man_123 For This Useful Post:

silencer (2008-03-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    hedsick,

Did you try the manual method using terminal to setup Customize?? I put it in bold at the bottom of my first post.
    yup. Sorry for being so pissy but I'm just annoyed at the same questions and same answers over and over (Not talking about you Reako, you're way seems to have helped some and I'm happy for them) I'm mainly just tired of hearing the "oh just download the custom version, it works i promise!" when it doesn't.

Thanks

I've got the same problem as Stan, above. Anyone know what the problem is?

I did the below and it still won't save changed. I used "alpine" as the password on terminal. What am I missing here.

"If yous Customzie isn't saving changes, it's most likely because you didn't chown installer.

/bin/chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    /bin/chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dominic56 For This Useful Post:

silencer (2008-03-07)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast