Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Persmissions on Apps

Default Persmissions on Apps
    is there a way to change the permissions on the apps manually before u put the app on the phone, and if yes, how???

Please respond somebody...i really need an answer

I am not sure if you can change the permissions before you use SSH to get them on your phone.

Once you use SSH to drag the program you want into the Applications folder, just right click (if you are using windows) and click on properties. Then change the numbers that you see to "755" (withouth the quotation marks) Then reboot your iPhone and now you should have a working app bud

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

jelenak9 (2008-03-07)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default afp in the mix
    So i just jailbroke my 1.1.4 iphone with ziphone which doesn't install SSH; so I got AFPd from Installer copied over some new apps, but none of them run.

I'm thinking it's a permissions problem, because when I look at the list of files on the device with "ls -lA" (issued from the Terminal on my mac while browsing the iPhone via afp) I see this:

[email protected] 55 jp staff 1826 Feb 10 18:15 MobileTimer.app
    drwxr-xr-x 55 jp staff 1826 Mar 6 23:28 Preferences.app
    [email protected] 24 jp staff 772 Feb 10 18:15 Stocks.app

All the files have an @ symbol at the end of their permissions list except for the apps I copied over (Preferences.app in this case).

I tried to fix it with "sudo chmod 4777 Permissions.app/" but no dice.. halp?!?

Quick answer: there is not.