View Poll Results: Do you NEED a PDF reader? Please specify why or why not!

Voters
391. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes(I need it NOW, tell us why!)

356 91.05%
  • NO(I dont need it, and never will, tell us why!)

35 8.95%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you NEED a PDF reader?

I need it because I have a lot of ebooks which I would like to read on the way, that are bigger than the maximum allowed size of safari.

Features that are important to me are:
    Landescape mode
    Go to page
    Bookmarks

Please make it happen

thanks, crash-x

how hard would it be to just add some landscape code? seems simple enough though that's speaking from total noobish opinion. PDF Viewer is great except that it has nothing that actually lets us read PDF's in a correct way, bookmarking, page finding, landscape mode so we don't have to scroll. It's very frustrating reading my books in this current setup.

Yes please update the current PDF viewer. I like being able to see pictures in high resolution zooming in is great. iTunes scales pictures down when syncing to iPhone.

I really need it for school, all of my teacher's labs and other important documents are usually written in PDF format so I can't open them without emailing it to myself, which is quite a pain when I am toggling between two or three of these in the library.

I think the reason we aren't seeing any Solid PDF viewers available yet is because it will most likely be available once the SDK is released. So late Feb. we'll all have a nice stable PDF viewer for the low,low price of 19.95....

Thanks

Default pdf
    i have never had to use a pdf viewer on my ifone..but i do have a pdf viewer on it and i am checking it now to see if its worth a damn..be right back
    chrismmm
    Near the ATL

I also need it for school! atm i use PDFviewer.app... but it need some fixes to be great!

Is anyone working on pdfviewer.app or an other pdf reader?

I think pdfviewer.app is far from finished

It would be very nice a "PREVIEW" version for the iPhone with a search capabilities.

Anyone PDF view doesn't work on this new 1.1.3 version? It worked for me in 1.1.2
    I can't see the PDF, i created the folder like instructed in installer.
    Do you know where I have to put the PDF files in?

Anyone PDF view doesn't work on this new 1.1.3 version? It worked for me in 1.1.2
    Last edited by kptn82; 2008-02-12 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kptn82 View Post

/var/root/Media/PDF

Check this thread out. It works flawlessly, even giving you access to a listing of your files and such.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52021
    I am quite pleased with it. It's been something I was looking for since day one.

I'd love a PDF reader. Most of my manual's for programming and a few of the books i'm reading I can obtain in PDF format. Would be amazing to be able to carry them around and read while i'm waiting for my appointments.
    Thank you,
    David Branco

I often download pdf documents that I read while comuting. I also like to carry around metro/Bus/train maps and other traveling info with me. PDF is the easiest for me.
    I'm currently using PDFViewer, but while it's ok, it could need more work:
    Its caching scheme is lame (it doesn't cache anything) so, panning back and forth on a map is a tedious process.
    Also, it zooms from the upper left corner making disapear the area you were viewing.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I think WildEyes is just good.

Reading Books

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowck5000 For This Useful Post:

geekgrrl (2008-10-13)

many people o know keep asking for a pdf reader that wont crash with long pdfs.

so yes, i think a PDF and ONLY PDF reader is needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

I use Air Sharing for reviewing college notes when not around a full desktop.

Thanks

never have, and probably never will...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

I use email but when it's too big for email, I would use docs or file viewer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast