Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BookReader HTML Coding Help

Question BookReader HTML Coding Help
    I downloaded the app "BookReader.app" from Cydia a few days ago. I also downloaded one of the books on Cydia so I could see how it was coded in HTML. The book was broken down into a folder named whatever the book's title was and then an HTML file for each chapter. I copied the words from a book I found on the Internet into the same HTML coding that the sample book was in and, after several hours, I had a working book that I could view on my iTouch. Needless to say, it was a long and tedious process to take a PDF file and break it up chapter by chapter and make each chapter a working HTML page.

My question is: does anyone have a list of all of the HTML commands that will work with BookReader.app?

For instance, I noticed that each time I loaded a chapter, it would display text saying something to the effect of "Subchaptering book". I also noticed that, in the bottom right hand corner, there are two arrows pointing in opposite directions. I assume that this means that you can code one single HTML page containing the entire book and a command to tell BookReader.app where the chapters begin and end and you can switch between the chapters using the arrows at the bottom of the screen.

If someone knows that I'm assuming wrong about the subchaptering feature and that it doesn't exist, please let me know. If someone knows what the chapter command is or any other useful commands, please also let me know.

Thank you.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Default How to code chapters into HTML books for BookReader
    For anyone else how was wondering how to add chapters to the HTML files for BookReader, I emailed the author of the app and here is his reply. I tried it and it works beautifully. I had to add a space inside each HTML command (ie: < h1>) so it wouldn't format this post, so when you use this in your books, remove the space inside each command.

BookReader parses the HTML, looking for standard formatting that might indicate a chapter change. If I recall correctly, the version you are using looks for the strings

< h1>...< /h1>, or
    < p class="p...">< b>...< /b>< /p>

The header tags can be < h1> through < h9>, and the ellipses are some amount of text that the search doesn't care about. If you add headers using the < h1>< /h1> tags, BookReader should find them. Note that BookReader will group subsections together if they are too small (under 2kB or so) for efficiency.

John
    Basically, write each chapters title as: < p>< h1>Chapter 1< /h1>< /p>
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)