Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Only some apps showing after restore & jailbreak/unlock...ive tried everything!

Question Only some apps showing after restore & jailbreak/unlock...ive tried everything!
    I just restored my 2g iphone to 2.2.1 and i am missing a ton of my apps i had installed. I obviously used categories and forgot to un-hide the apps before i restored. This has happened before and i just used poof to un-hide them and all was back to normal. This time poof isn't doing anything to un-hide them. The weird thing is, after doing the enable restrictions disable restrictions trick some of my apps showed up, but not nearly all of them. I then SSH'd into my phone and deleted the com.apple.springboard.plist as instructed on the bigboss website, resprung, and no change. If i create a categories folder i can still add all of the apps to the folder but if i delete the app out of the category, it still doesn't show up on the springboard. I did notice that the only apps showing up are in the directory /root/Applications. I am out of ideas here and im hoping someone has a fix.
    Last edited by tcd2004; 2009-02-10 at 01:34 AM.

do you have 9 pages of apps ?

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    do you have 9 pages of apps ?
    Less than three are showing up right now. All of my apps that were installed through cydia are showing and only a few of my appstore ones will show up. The weird thing is that the ebay app for example was not in a categories folder, therefore it wasn't hidden. Upon restore though it isn't showing up on the springboard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm confused... if you "restored" then all of your apps should have been deleted. so after you manually redownload them they still don't show up?

If it's just app store apps are they showing in iTunes and selected to Synch?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm confused... if you "restored" then all of your apps should have been deleted. so after you manually redownload them they still don't show up?
    Correct, they were not showing up even after syncing

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    They were all checked. I made it so itunes deleted all the applications off my device and then re-synced them all, so now all of my apps are showing back up.

Now I have a new problem. I went to make new folders with categories and for some reason it's showing applications more than once inside of categories. i.e. I made a games folder, selected it to add games, and some of my games are showing up in that last more than once. Is there some p-list file or something I can delete to reset the categories list. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but I get the same result.

restore one more time.....

DO NOT use iphone backup..... THIS MEANS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR PHONE NUMBERS AND SMS.
    *make sure they are backed up!!!!!!!

that SHOULD fix your hidden apps problem

Oh YEAH, if you were using cracked apps... make sure to update the mobile*nst*ll*t**n file to 2.2.1.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    restore one more time.....

DO NOT use iphone backup..... THIS MEANS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR PHONE NUMBERS AND SMS.
    *make sure they are backed up!!!!!!!

that SHOULD fix your hidden apps problem

Oh YEAH, if you were using cracked apps... make sure to update the mobile*nst*ll*t**n file to 2.2.1.
    I'd really like to avoid restoring again. I got all of my hidden apps back, my new problem is stated above your post...i'm getting duplicate apps showing up in categories when i go to add them to a folder

Default Your Lucky Day!
    Ok... This happened to me but luckily i figured it out after searching around cydia and downloading some random things...

Go into cydia and search for boss prefs

After downloading.... go to the Button at the bottom that says
    "Hide Icons"

In there you should see all of your apps...

The ones that are missing the ones that you guys said that were missing should be marked as off,,, Just flip the switch to ON... Then when you exit Boss Prefs it should respring automatically and all of your apps should be their!!!

Thanx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JFreak1280 For This Useful Post:

Dizzy Rascal (2009-07-21)