Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need some help with customize...

Default need some help with customize...
    Well i bought my phone (1.1.2) and updated to 1.1.3 last month and just used the newest version of ziphone last night and put the installer app! I love everything about it but i have 2 questions:

I never upgraded to 1.1.4 so is it to late now?

also, i instaled customize from spicychicken and went to change things but nothing would change on the phone. i also went and added touchrepo.....ect to my sources with and didnt find anything. can someone please help me? any help at all will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
    Pete

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

add this source in installer http://www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml
    install that version of customize (ver 1.21(custom),2)
    install some themes for customize then restart springboard and reboot phone and you'll be good to go

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gavko For This Useful Post:

kjsuser (2008-03-05), PGioldasis (2008-03-05)

i tried it and it says package download failed, how do you fix that

No you can definitely upgrade to 1.1.4 if you've downloaded the latest ver of ziphone, download the 1.1.4 firmware file and connect your phone and launch itunes, put your phone in restore mode by holding the sleep/home buttons together for about 20-25 secs,a message will come up in itunes saying it has detected your phone in recovery mode. From there go to the restore button on itunes and hold shift and click the button, a window should open up allowing you to select your downloaded file(wherever you saved it). Simply restore to 1.1.4 and when finished close itunes and any itunes processes which may be running using task manager,then launch ziphone and hit do it all. It's that simple.
    For customize to work if you are remaining on 1.1.3 do the following
    1)install the old ver of customize(ver 1.21) restart your springboard then uinstall it
    2)add the following source in installer http://www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml as gavko stated
    3)restart springboard and reboot your phone,it should work after that.
    4)Not all the features are functional so be aware of that
    Hope this helps