Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alarm for future date

Default Alarm for future date
    I need a reminder of a one time event.
    Not important enough to deserve an entry in the calendar.
    Just need an alarm to go off at 3:00pm 3 days from today.
    The alarm app only allows time to be set, not to set date in the future. Any way to accomplish this without the calendar app?
    I'm also avoiding any third party alarm apps since they all seem to state they only work if the app is running in the foreground, which likely won't be the case.

my suggestion.... put it in your calendar, set two 'alerts' one for the time you need... and an earlier one for when you know you will be close to your phone....

ALSO, install 'LOCK CALENDAR' this program shows you your calendar events on your lock screen
    *similar to INTELLISCREEN only much more stable and best of all FREE!!!

this way, every time you go to open your phone, you will see it on your lock screen and it will remind you.

P.S. - IF THE REMINDER YOU NEED IS THAT IMPORTANT, I WOULD NOT JUST RELY ON YOUR PHONE FOR A REMINDER......... SET A REMINDER ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOUR ALARM CLOCK IN YOUR BEDROOM, A REMINDER ON YOUR TELEVISION (IF YOU CAN)........

or you can do it the old fashion way and literally tie a small piece of string around for finger and keep it there for the next three days...... I used to do that all the time when I was quite young.
    IT WORKS!

best of luck,

MrB
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)