Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Youtube and Mail doesn't work [for me] after upgraded to 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5

Default Youtube and Mail doesn't work [for me] after upgraded to 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a fix here? I upgraded my phone to 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5 and my youtube and mail doesn't work.

I tried resetting all and also tried typing this command in terminal "chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile" and still no help.

Any solutions out there?

Thanks!

still nothing here I'm sorry bud I'm in the same boat. I tryed every thing from trying to restore to actually switching some files out with some new ones sill a no go for me
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

Hopefully someone out there has a solution for us.

Quote Originally Posted by google911mysteries View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a fix here? I upgraded my phone to 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5 and my youtube and mail doesn't work.

I tried resetting all and also tried typing this command in terminal "chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile" and still no help.

Any solutions out there?

Thanks!
    I have solutions!!! Let me know if u still need help...

yo , me too i cant use my email and youtube

hey moctezuma209,

Yeah, if you have a solution I would love to hear it. I just downloaded the youtube activator 1.1.4 fix from BigBoss and it still doesn't work. Appreciate your help!

Google: 911 Mystery (watch the video! it'll shock you like it did me about 911)

Can you post the solution here please?

Thanks

The Mail problem can be resolved simply. Do not restore from backup via iTunes after you have completed the upgrade. Sync the iPhone as a new device. This may help with YouTube as well, but I never ran into trouble with that App via Ziphone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Try this website

http://www.ging.co.nz/youtube.php

I only replaced the files mentioned on the website, steps 1 and 2, and it worked for me when i had that problem in 1.1.3. Did it again after i upgraded to 1.1.4 just in case it would stop working but hasnt failed yet, works great

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Try this http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54131 this new program fix you tube and all your problems, follow the instructions, its Ziphone 2.5c for windows

same problem plus customized and im running 1.1.3

so there is no mail fix yet for yahoo mail huh?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been having the same issue and have restored my iPhone countless times. It appears that this problem is only affecting a small portion of the community which is why the solution is not addressed.

If anyone here is on the AT&T Network and “Not” planning to use their iPhone with another provider, you can do the following. Open Ziphone 2.5c, (after you have recovered from the latest firmware) instead of the "Do it all" tab just click "Jailbreak." This will Jailbreak and install "Installer" to your iPhone. YouTube and your Yahoo Mail will continue to work. You also do not need to set up as “New iPhone” after the process has been completed.

I am not 100% sure but I think the problem has to do with either the Unlocker or Activation phase of Ziphone 2.5c that prevents YouTube and Yahoo Mail to stop working.

Once you have” Installer” on your iPhone be sure to check with YouTube and Yahoo Mail after each application you’ve installed to make sure they are still up and running. Some applications will corrupt YouTube or Yahoo Mail files and will require another recovery, just as I have discovered.
    Last edited by azndrgnboi34; 2008-03-09 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Paragraphs

azndrgnboi34,
    You are awesome! Thanks for the tip it really worked! I am on AT&T anyways so choosing just the Jailbreak on Ziphone 2.5c solved my youtube and mail problem! Thank you so much for that little tip! Geez, the answer was just in front of me (on Ziphone that is)! : )

Google: 911mysteries.com (the real truth about 9/11)

Restore 1.1.4 and setup your mail then jailbreak using ziphone.

It's not necessary sirasoni. Just restore 1.1.4 and run ziphone 2.5 but choose jaillbreak and not do it all and your mail and youtube will work! It did on mine and my gf's phone. I don't even think you have to restore your old phone before using ziphone even.

Just Found A Fix For This (i Hope) Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Just Make Sure Not To Erase Anything (don't Hit Erase All Content & Settings Button)
    I Got It From Another Thread.

It Works.. I Swear!!

Now If Someone Knows How To Fix A Voicemail Password Prompt That I Keep Getting Which I Never Set Up.. That Will Be Great!!!

Thanks
    Saint24

Using the Reset All Settings button will not fix it contrary to what saint24 says...

i just followed the procedure here everthing works fine just go straight to The actual YouTube Fix if your already on 1.1.4 also install the syncfix 1.1.3 by iclarified

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/youtube-fix.html

everything works fine now

I used pwnage and the mail doesn't work either. After restoring phone, settings work. I guess either wait or decide having mail or unlocked phone.