Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PdaNet

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default PdaNet
    Kinda confused...so you get a trial which is just the full version for a limited amount of time? Then what? After the trial expires, how does it work? Do you still get to use it? And what's different about the full version than the free one?
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

You will need to enter activation code after the trial is over. There is no free version its just a full version with a trial period.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captainjapanicq View Post
    You will need to enter activation code after the trial is over. There is no free version its just a full version with a trial period.
    But...

Quote Originally Posted by June Fabrics
    What is the difference between the free version and the full version? How do I purchase and register?

The free version will limit you to only http web traffics, otherwise it is the same as the full version which supports all connections.

PdaNet installation comes with a 14 days trial in full mode (some older versions may have a longer trial period), then becomes the free version if not registered. Installing a newer version normally resets the trial period.

The cost of PdaNet is $29 per license. To register the full version, make sure PdaNet is connected and go to http://my.iPhone on your computer. You can also go directly to PdaNet for iPhone Purchase Agreement to purchase PdaNet and enter the license code on the phone end.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a free version, which is clearly explained in the developer's page. The free version I believe will only let you use the browser. Here os the link to the PDAnet iPhone page. PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac

Thanks

I know that. I read the page. I just didn't know what that meant that you were limited to http web traffic or whatever. So that just means you're limited to using a web browser, and other programs and stuff that use the internet won't work?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

FYI: If you're so inclined, the option still exists to use and old version (v1.33) which has no trial period. It doesn't have USB or any of the new performance enhancements or features, is a bit buggy, but still works for the occasional user.

i believe the trial period restricts you from using instant message programs and anything else that isn't webpages.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)