Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wrong time displayed randomly

Default Wrong time displayed randomly
    Okay here's my problem, I woke up this morning and my phone displayed 7.30 am, it was actually 9.30 am.

I have my date and time "set automatically" and time zone support on.
    My clock always showed the correct time but now, suddenly, I get this weird 2 hour time difference.

When I turn "set automatically" off, the phone displays the right time. This is annoying because I travel a lot and I have always been amazed by the clock changing automatically to the local time where-ever I am at.

Any one have a solution to this problem? I tried re-booting.
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

I have the exact same problem, has happened last two nights (and yes yesterday I overslept because of it).

If I go in settings and turn automatic update of and back on it picks up the right time right away.

For now I switched to manual time but thats not a great solution since I do travel to different timezones.

Any ideas?

Hii, after a couple of days, the problem went back to normal. I think maybe that it was a problem with my service provider? I dunno, which country are u in?
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

im the US.

Looks like it might have something to do with the "no ring on sleep mode"

My phone also has a problem that when its inactive for more then 1 minute it doesn't ring until you wake it up.

on another board I've seen people that have that issue also had the time being off problem.

there is no fix but a work around (or if you can exchange it apple will but since I did some "tweaks" and not activated on AT&T I can't)

check this thread http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=7699&page=44 there is way to replace your powersave settings, battery life is a little affected but not a lot.

just give it a shot, let your phone lay around for a while and then try it, see if it rings