Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CALLID APP ! nOT WORKING 1.1.3

Default CALLID APP ! nOT WORKING 1.1.3
    aNYBODY HAVE A FIX TO GET THE CALLID APP TO WORK ? WHEN I RUN IT , IT just crashes to the home screen ! Please help me out ! lol

yea, anyone????? i'm having the same problem after updating from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 last night. damn i should have stayed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Use WinSCP to SSH into your iPhone. Then go into Terminal. Enter the following commands, one line at a time, hitting "Execute" after each line:

rm -r /var/root/Library/AddressBook/
    rm -r /var/root/Library/CallHistory/
    rm -r /var/root/Library/Notes/
    rm -r /var/root/Library/SMS/

ln -s /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/Notes /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS /var/root/Library/

This will remove the directories that prevent CallID (and also SMSD and weTOOL-US) from working, and create a symlink which will allow all three apps to work.

Note: In the first 4 lines where you are removing directories, you may get some sort of error message pop up saying something about "directory doesn't exist" or something like that. Don't worry about the error message. It only means that the directory isn't there anyway (which is fine) therefore it can't be removed. Those 4 command are merely given in the event any of those directories exist, so that they can be removed.

P.S. The symlinking of Notes is done (above) otherwise you wouldn't be able to save SMS's to Notes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spongebobiwan For This Useful Post:

bmx1 (2008-03-05)

i've used SSH to send lots of things to the phone and change things but i'm unfimilure with "go into Terminal". the rest of it i think i can do. is that something you click on in the WinSCP screen after you've logged in or a seperate software program? i'd research it but i'm at work and my internet options are very limited. thanks
    also, i spent 3 hours last night reading post after post and watching youtube vids trying to fix summerboard and customize. i changed permissions and kinds of stuff. they still aren't working on my Ziphone jailbroke 3.9BL phone running 1.1.3 updated from 1.1.1
    Last edited by bmx1; 2008-03-05 at 07:37 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep. Exactly. Once you open up WinSCP you will see a bunch of little icons across the top. About the 7th icon going from left to right, is what looks like a little terminal with a black screen and I believe it has the letters "HOM" on it. Once you run your cursor across that icon, you will see a little dialog box pop up that says "Open Terminal (Ctrl+T). You can either click that icon (since you're there already) or type Ctrl + T. That will open the Terminal which I spoke of previously.

Quote Originally Posted by bmx1 View Post
    also, i spent 3 hours last night reading post after post and watching youtube vids trying to fix summerboard and customize. i changed permissions and kinds of stuff. they still aren't working on my Ziphone jailbroke 3.9BL phone running 1.1.3 updated from 1.1.1
    I am still on 1.1.3 also, jailbroken with ZiPhone 2.3 GUI and both Customize and Summerboard work fine for me. First of all, let's make sure you have the same versions of each. For Customize, I have version 1.21 (custom).2. Then for Summerboard, I have version 3.2. I'm trying to recall exactly what I did to make both work right now, but it seems to me that there was a patch for one or the other of those on Installer if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, at this point, I would have to do the same thing as you would have to do to fix these which is search, as my memory does not function well enough that I can remember everything I've done anymore ~grin~.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 2008-03-06 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost